IGNORED

Tidal streaming options + downloading

I see that Tidal has two pay scales for streaming: $9.99/mo for the lower bit rate, $19.99 for the higher bit rate streaming. I'm probably not interested in the HiFi streaming, but I'm interested in getting the highest quality downloads. Can I still download the same high quality albums whether I'm paying $9.99 or $19.99?

Larry

I thought you were able to purchase albums from Tidal as well.

I didn't mean that I wanted to download what I was streaming. I know that I'd have to pay separately for a download. It does look as if I could actually download albums even without a subscription. However, it also seems that the selection may not be as great. I just did a search for the Messiah by Tafelmusik, and just got "Best of Messiah". There are several recordings of the entire Messiah out there. It looks like I'll be looking elsewhere for my streaming/downloading needs.

Larry

You can download entire albums only. I don't believe you can purchase individual songs.When purchasing, you can select between MP3 (256kbps) and FLAC (1411kbps) Lossless for both albums and tracks.

So the answer to your question is Yes, you can choose the quality you want to purchase but with anything in life you get what you pay for so the FLAC files will be more expensive.

Dillon