IGNORED

New DAC will not use ASIO from Windows 10

I have a few DACs (ASIO) for some years already, most of them plays music very well.

But then I found out that the new Audioquest Dragonfly Red DragonFly Series is not using ASIO but just default window audio setup.

I am curious and do some search on web.

In there, it says win10 improve their audio path and seems to out perform the ASIO connection.

Then I try my new mini PC from Zotac with win10, https://www.zotac.com/product/mini_pcs/zbox-ci323-nano and do not use the ASIO for output. The listening experience from my AV amp seems as good as the USB DAC RCA output with my hifi gear. Am I just biased by this article.

Any guys have tried this, I will do more testing later days and report.

I have a few DACs (ASIO) for some years already, most of them plays music very well.

But then I found out that the new Audioquest Dragonfly Red DragonFly Series is not using ASIO but just default window audio setup.

I am curious and do some search on web.

In there, it says win10 improve their audio path and seems to out perform the ASIO connection.

Then I try my new mini PC from Zotac with win10, https://www.zotac.com/product/mini_pcs/zbox-ci323-nano and do not use the ASIO for output. The listening experience from my AV amp seems as good as the USB DAC RCA output with my hifi gear. Am I just biased by this article.

Any guys have tried this, I will do more testing later days and report.

How can any DAC know what the internal path to the SPDIF or USB output of the computer is ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020