IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

Ever since I've upgraded to the latest version I stopped beeing able to use the DAC for other applications... even when stopped or A+ closed its shuts the use of the DAC for other softwares. Any of you guys had the same problem? I've tried to toggle between direct mode, integer and even core audio and nothing.

Now I can only use the DAC with A+ which is not ideal for my setup. Anyway of solving it?TkxEnviado do meu SM-G920F através de Tapatalk

Have you try the second option...

Snapz001.jpg

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Damien and all,

I've just updated to 2.6.3 and am facing a new issue. Impossible to sart reading albums or tracks due to Sysoptimizer needed to be reinstalled (takes 1 minute before prompting) . Id did it several time, but this request comes back each time. The sysoptimizer tool seems not able to register within the application.

I've tried to destroy all Audirvana former installation and do a clean one with 2.6.3, but same behavior again.

Any idea how to sort this out?

Sound is very good, but it is disappointing to update final versions with this kind of incident. I never faced a single issue with 2.6.2. Might it be because I'm still on El Capitan ? If no answer, If someone can post a Link for 2.6.2, I'll reinstall it.

Thanks a lot.

Go to the main library folder... PrivilegedHelperTools... Trash the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus file

Go to the main library folder...LaunchDaemons... Trash the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist file

Restart MAC just to be sure... it should ask again to reinstall the SysOptimizer when starting a song, if i remember.

Maybe your prefs were corrupted...

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Can anyone describe how they use and set up their libraries when they have more than one external hard disk for their collections. All I seem to get is one library which combines the albums from all disks together in one database and what I would like is seperate librararies for each disk. Maybe simple but any assistance would be much appreciated.

Just hit the + sign in left corner... you can add as many as you want

Snapz001.jpg

Yes, but as far as I can see this combines the libraries for all hard disks together and what I am trying to do is have separate libraries for each disk.

Thank you for your quick reply

OK :-) the only way i see it happening for now, is to do the one you want first hard drive library then close A+

copy the database file in Your home folder, Library...application support... Audirvana: AudirvanaPlusDatabase.sqlite

Return to A+ flush the first library... find the second one... do it like you want, stop Audirvana again...

return to that folder and copy the second hard drive library database: AudirvanaPlusDatabase.sqlite (yes it is the same name)

Then you'll have 2 differente ones, but just one each time... you'll have to replace the database file whenever you want to listen to that specific drive... It can't happening right now in 2.6.3 yet, i think to have 2 library running.

Unfortunately, pleasure was very short term...

This morning, Audirvana 2.6.3 did crash totaly and it blocked the Mac. After hard reset of the Mac, audirvana did ask as I was launching the application for the first time. No more folder synched... I made decision to clean up another time the user library folder as suggested, deinstall the application, restart the Mac, reinstall A 2.6.3 and launch it.

Again, but normal in this case, I was asked to define my preference and select folders to synchronize.

Surprise... I was able to press the + to select my disks/Folders to synchronize, the window did open, I made selection and say OK... but nothing happens. Impossible to add a single folder !!

I Will try to repair permissions with ONYX, we never know, but it seems really annoying to have to spend so much time trying to make the software work. If someone has already experienced this situation and has a good suggestion to sort this out, you're more than welcome ... :)

Where is that hard drive? Locked folder? Have you try just making an empty folder on your desktop, and put like only 2 albums on it and try selecting it in the pref of A+ for a library clicking the + button?

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

No locked folder, same disks (external & internal) as before, no disks corruption.

I've deleted AUdirvana 2.6.3, deleted all plist and other things, deleted also the Audirvana SQL databases to ensure complete fresh restart. I reinstalled A 2.6.3, still impossible to add folders...

I killed again the App , restarted Mac, and reinstalled A+ Beta => AudirvanaPlus_2.5.99.16.

Here I was able to add a folder, what I did.

Since this version was quite slow in database management, I upgraded to A+ 2.6.2 (seems impossible to upgrade directly to 2.6.3, then upgraded again to 2.6.3. Then added all my disks with no issue.

Quite sure that something was corrupted in sql database.

Thanks for your help and let's see what happens. 2.6.3 is really fast to load albums, and I'm pleased to see that all the DR informations have not been lost (surprisingly since my initial database has been deleted...)

I'll wait till tomorrow to wish you happy holidays [emoji2]

Yes...Please :)

Wish you all the best music you could listen with Audirvana in 2017 :-)

and all of you A+ Lovers :-)

PGRPGRPG.jpg

dear audirvana fans,

I have latest audirvana 2.6.3 (and previous 2.6.2), but I lost (deleted!) all other older versions.

where can I get versions 2.6 and 2.6.1.

happy holidays!

2.6.1 is still here: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/39199/audirvana-plus

• 2 weeks later...
unfortunately AV is crashing before i can do that on the desktop,@ ipad app wont open if the desktop isn't open,

Maybe you want to start from scratch... i wrote that for someone else elsewhere

Go to the main library folder... PrivilegedHelperTools... Trash the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus file

Go to the main library folder...LaunchDaemons... Trash the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist file

Go to User... home Folder... library... Applications Support... Audirvana...Trash the AudirvanaPlusDatabase.sqlite file

Go to User... home folder... library... Preferences... trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist file

Restart MAC just to be sure... This will reset pretty much Audirvana like new.

ok i will give it a go,thanks

Try to get rid of iTunes also... make your changes in A+ standalone :-)

OK followed the first two lines as the last two didn't seem to exist,but still, SUCCESS !! no crashes so far even with IOS app open ,many thanks .

Glad it helps you,

By default i think Apple still hide the User Library... If i remember (at the job now on PC), when you are in your little home folder ''house'' you can do CMD + i for info on that window... and you can select at the bottom... show library :-) then you will have access to those 2 files...

The first is your music library... always good to copy that one somewhere when your library is set up just in case of a bug or corruption. Just put back that file where it was and your database will be the same as it was that day...

The second line file, is the A+ preferences like when you set it up in the preferences panels of A+...

what about storing playlists data in a separate file users can keep or some way to export/import them, @damien?

I exported all my playlist from the menu of A+ and they are in a folder on my MacMini... If i lose them i can just Import them back through the same menu...

works for *manual* playlists but I fear doesn't for *smart* ones: it will export a list of tracks, not the "smart criteria" ;):(

Hello pl_svn,

Don't know for sure what you mean by manual and smart...

but mine were manually made smart playlists in A+ by me... :-)

When i start from Scratch with the 2.6 update, all playlists didn't follow, i had to reload 2.5.4 to export them and reimport them in 2.6. As you can see in picture and i checked today to be sure... All my new CDs or files follows in the category of Sample Rates and also in the Year that they belong...

Snapz001.jpg

I don't see any way of exporting playlists except one at a time, which would be too tedious. Am I missing something?

Maybe another wish for A+ 3 :-)

I can't remember if i've done it like 78 times for mine...

or if i tried it with JRiver... that CAN save ALL playlists in one time.

But in the end, when you done it once... :-)

Hello,

Post that on the general forum… 166 views but no answer… Since everybody here is on a mac… i try again.

This is a Sierra only bug for me, works as expected with older system. It is also working if i use a keyboard directly plugged in the MacMini. Seems like it is just with screen sharing and Sierra that this is appearing.

So... setup is MacMini with Sierra 10.12.2 released version with a TV as screen and using an iMac 2008 for playing with the database of A+ and JRvier. That iMac is on El Capitan 10.11.6 because i can't go further. So i use screen sharing to see that macmini and using the iMac keyboard to work with database or navigating.

The first thing i observed is that when i want to go to a specific CD on my desktop, i usually hold the Alt key for navigating... that closes the window i just clicked while opening the one i want to see...Meaning to go to Zappa Grand Wazoo album, i have to click: Music (hard drive), then Folder letter Z, then Folder Zappa Frank, then Folder Grand Wazoo... makes 4 windows open on desktop, but when holding the alt key there is just one folder open... the last one. THAT doesn't work for me anymore, i have to click them all to close them. Very annoying!

Anyone saw that appearing for you with Sierra or know how to solve it?

Thanks for reading.

Audirvana 2.6.4 take advantage of a four core mac or is minimal side to side with a dual core computer?

In other words A+ use more than two cores if I play music without process it?

Only play the file as is and the DAC change to the correct sample rate according the track.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Not english native speaking, but not easy to understand you lol

I don't know about how many cores A+ handle, but if you are not upsampling, meaning just play the files as they are... like 44.1 as 44.1 or 192 as 192, you don't need a super fast MAC or even fast MAC to play with A+... OS 10.9, 2gb or RAM, 4gb preferred, you should not having problems.

• 2 weeks later...
Also, A+ App has an Artists view list. Audirvana 2.6 does not have this as far as I can tell. Am I stupidly missing a setting somewhere to activate this on my computer? All I can see are Album and Track lists.

Sometimes I just want to quickly plow through a list of all my Artists until I find one I want to listen to. I don't want to wade through a bazillion Album cover flow pics to accomplish something that is extremely simple to do in Pure Music/iTunes or Sonos!

DSNORD

Snapz001.jpg

then you can do "cmd j" to classified them like you want... albums or tracks view

I get this error message when trying to output to a Multi-Output Device. I'm not sure what is hogging things. The individual components work okay individually. [ATTACH]32911[/ATTACH]

not familiar with multi output, but have you tried unchecked Exclusive Access Mode ? or integer Mode or both?

Snapz001.jpg

maybe you have to disable "Disable detection of...

Snapz002.jpg

You can look in your applications folder... utilities folder and check output in midi settings application and also the sound control panel in system preferences in Apple menu... matbe there is somethings to change there

Hi

I was in the process of moving my A+ library to another location (feature under "Preferences"), when the program suddenly shut and wouldn't reopen. Versions prior to 2.6 will open normally, but all 2.6.x and betas won't -- every time I try, I get the same window saying that A+ quit unexpectedly. I also tried deleting all files under my A+ library folder, hoping that this would fix the problem, but didn't help -- keep getting the "A+ quit unexpectedly" message.Any ideas? thanks! Mario

You can try starting from scratch by deleting those files:

Go to the main library folder...LaunchDaemons... Trash the com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist

Go to User... home Folder... library... Applications Support... Audirvana...Trash the AudirvanaPlusDatabase.sqlite (that is your database of music)

Go to User... home folder... library... Preferences... trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist (those are A+ software preferences)

Restart MAC just to be sure... This will reset pretty much Audirvana like new.

When choosing library at first it will sync in top right main window under the logo...

LET IT GO, even better don't try to adjust windows or edit files... even playing music while it is not finished...

you'll see the progress bar going... Could be long the first time... depending on how large your library is and computer is fast or not...

Maybe your prefs were corrupted...

you can try just trashing your App prefs to see if it work first: com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist file