IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

My library of 2600 albums was all setup perfectly in A+ like i want (at last after many weeks of tweaking), it was aslo perfectly looking in JRiver too especially that soft has the DR tab, and recently had to had ''cover.jpg'' in folders that missed that for HQPlayer to be all covered looking too :-)

Tried the 2.6 update and said to start from scratch just to be sure to don't import bad things from previous library... Many of my albums had 2 covers now displaying in albums view... restart all 2.6 and said update my old library instead that was perfect in 2.5.4... same thing happen, Arf!!!

It seems to me that A+ 2.6 is not able to see that in an album folder on my Hard disc, that has the flac files and the cover with another folder in it with bonus flac files from another edition that i kept and tagged with the same title and cover as the real album... now the bonus tracks or the one from another album are different CD number, in the same folder are appearing in two separates covers in album view.

i've found that just copying the title in the first folder and paste that title (that is the same anyway) on the doubled cover bring it to one album again in 2.6 Did many albums to repaired them... stop to save A+ state just in case it crash.... Reopen all the changes are OK... come back today after work... did all the letters A, B, C in library and close A+ again. Reopen A+, at some time it reload library all the changes i've done are gone.... Trashed all prefs files, put backup in again... load 2.5.4, trash 2.6b

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

The tracks are grouped by album when they share the 3 following values:

1. Album title (or folder title if this one is missing)

2. Album artists (or parent folder title if the album title is missing)

3. Parent folder (exact same name except if it ends with CD nn, Disc nn, Part nn, ... where this suffix is not used for the comparison)

This 3rd criteria is new and is added to avoid wrongly grouping tracks of albums that share the same title (e.g. the "Greatest Hits" albums)

In your case the solution is then to rename the folders of the different discs making the album so they have the same name except for a CD 01, CD 02, ... suffix

Thanks for reply... Mine were not double CDs but for exemple an SACD with 5 tracks in the folder with the cover named cover.jpg in that folder i kept for exemple my old japan CD version that as 4 bonus tracks... so it was in with the sacd tracks and the cover but to know those tracks came from outise this sacd i kept the folder named: old japan cd. In A+ i changed the title to the same of the SACD and put the same cover. All was good with 2.5.4... and JRiver too.

i still think it should continu with the new library if you choose: Update my library with new 2.6

it could change if i used instead: Start from scratch...

Anyway 1.5 day later in full time i renamed all those Albums :-(

With CD 01 and CD 02 at the end and kept an empty folder with the old title for the bonus tracks in the CD 02 folder. It works. Again my library is back Ok... All those changes doesn't bother JRiver library... it follows.

But i had to redone the DR value because it was now new tracks in JRiver for all the albums i changed.

For 2.6

Yes it loads faster, good thing.

Before in Album i couldn't update albums while it was scanning library... but if i switch the tracks view, i could do those changes... Doesn't work for me in Tracks view now... clicking in the colomn for group brings you back to beginning...

I better love the full black background in album view.

As another member mention, sometimes saves tags make A+ hangs. This happens i think while music playing... it froze the interface for like 1, 2 mins but the music still plays without hickup at DSD128 upsampling.

Yesterday while doing all the changes at fast pace. The library (2600 albums) was refreshing for long time, longer than usual, it was not finishing and i got a message from Mac Mini that my hard disc was going full... i have 23 gb of data left :-) so i didn't understand what was happening... it went to zero bytes... had to force quit A+. Restarted and all my 23gb returned...

I wish we could see the DR range in options like the bitdepth or sample rate.

The remote seems to have more difficulties to refresh on my iPhone 5c the see all the covers images… many places i don’t see the covers but they are their if i click the album.

In Remote i wish i could list my albums in YEAR not in Alphabetic.

Yes Direct Mode is still missing, and looking forward to less CPU usage in DSD upsampling

Continu nice work Damien, don’t do another NEW library update :-)

Back to music. Nice weekend all.

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

the great new Sierra security feature is such that, to mount a NAS share, user has every single time to manually click "Connect" first, which is a PITA on an headless machine set to auto-mount the share

i don't know NAS, but have you tried software for firewall like Little Snitch or Hands Offs, maybe they can pass that setting?? if i remember, don't forget to remove the Apple firewall if you install them...

Hello Damien,

Little bug in the 2.6b prefs window.. the text for sync should be aligned on the right...

Snapz001.jpg

Annoying preferences not kept everytime opening A+ or switching from Tracks view to Albums to Tracks...

I thought that 2.6 would have set this up... maintaining prefs look. This is how i set my Tracks window setting

Snapz003.jpg

but everytimes i go switching to Albums view and want to go back in Tracks view it reloads like this:

Snapz002.jpg

And then, have to click on all tracks button to see the panels

Snapz004.jpg

and then setting up the panels look again... there surely a way to maintain those settings??

i'm in the process to run the Replay Gain on all my files...

I see that all my .DFF files have not been applied a replain gain number, is this normal with DSD files or .DSF would have got one ?

Thank you.

Just released 2.6 beta 12:

• Drag iTunes synched playlist in local playlist folder to make a local copy
  • iTunes playlists browsable in A+ Remote
  • Fix albums view preferences not saved
  • Speed up and fix issues of devices changing their UUID
  • Fix multi-column filter browser open state remembered when switching back to view

Thanks for your continued feedbacks!

here some more :)

Since you can do the replain gain things... is it easy the same to calculate the Dynamic Range and include it in the choices for viewing files... only that remaining for flushing JRiver :)

i have also not often the song cut off before the remaining seconds, not yet with last beta...

but mostly always the loading bar doesn't go till the end (see picture).

Also not always, but randomly some songs doesn't add the number when played... see picture of a CD played in order some missing

See picture, Should the left part be aligned ?Maybe more beautiful if the right part of the progress bar shorter by an inch (2.5cm), with time and the 2 signs around, and put the INT and SYS aligned with the rest ?

Still i'm at it, why not remove the right logo and put it bigger in the center since there is nothing there (might be an Apple thing)... you deserve bigger :-)

Really love the faster my lib load and refresh now...

Go Damien Go! :-)

Snapz003.jpg

Snapz004.jpg

Snapz003 copy.jpg

I went to File - Library - Compute ReplayGain... select all, wait... all good.

Today i look again and they are still 57 albums saying not done...

but when i go and check those with info panel on, the replaygain info is there...

I select them all again and click analyze, but they always stay there...

the only pattern i see in those there, is that they are 90% of 24/96 and 24/192, one 32/192, and a couple of 16/44.

Also Damien, can you give us a little info about the "Optimize Database" in the same menu... is it useful if we started from scratch? Does this really defragmented the hard disc MAC or PC formatted or just your database? Scary a bit the try it since all is good now... This will affect the audio files in real i guess?

Thank you again.

I still have occasionnally a song that stop at 2 seconds at the end...

I have to move the slider to the right to continu playing the CD in order.

I have found a method to enable Direct Mode again... on A+ forum...

I edited it a bit for more easier doing it...

i included in the .ZIP the Read Me file, the .ktext of El Capitan and the Sierra one just in case.

I just did it myself, it is not long maybe 15 mins... Having a backup done if you don't have one is longer :-)

It worked for me, now Direct Mode is on and no bug in A+... i'm already on 10.12.2b3...

I wrote everything to be easy for not computer people to do it...

It weights nothing... download it and read it first, than see if you are not worry :-)

In my dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19274252/AudirvanaSierraDirectMode.zip

AT YOUR OWN RISK...

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by RunHomeSlow viewpost-right.png

I still have occasionnally a song that stop at 2 seconds at the end... I have to move the slider to the right to continu playing the CD in order.

On this one, if someone finds a pattern to reproduce this with certainty, this will be very useful...

Hello Damien,

I may have found a pattern NOT to reproduce it :-)

Yesterday i replace the extension in Sierra to make Direct Mode On again... All is playing good, i'm pretty happy.

I did notice that now that i don't have the Large Audio Core Buffer in the pref panel on since i use now Direct Mode and i move back my memory slider from 1024mb to 12 800mb like before, i didn't have ANY song not been counted when finished playing and the line up in the window for transport NEVER had not finished at the end... been listening yesterday all night and now this morning also... maybe 12 full CD since... All songs are counted and all buffering lines goes to the end now. Also the line while buffering a song stays the same grey color all the way through, before if i remember, the grey change to another paler grey like it was not done in one shot.

So those 2 bugs may have something to do with the Large Buffer Audio Core that isn't enough big??

I'm still upsampling all to DSD128 with 16gb of memory. A+ still use 250% of my cpu while buffering songs but when it is done, it goes to 0% cpu usage... it is stable like in the picture... For the buffer window at the bottom (5 mins time window) it is always at 250% for 2 mins around then rest for 3 mins at 0% usage, then back at 250% for 2 to 2.5 mins then rest for 2.5 to 3 mins, and on and on.

Hope it helps you finding solution :-)

Snapz.jpg

Snapz2.jpg

I don't how software works and manage memory, but why A+ don't max out on how many Gb of ram i have...

it could use more, then maybe it will cache faster and then rest longer at low level cpu usage...

Snapz001.jpg

Your computer needs some of that RAM to run the operating system. It would do A+ no good to hog all the RAM on a non-working computer.

Yes i know but out of 16gb, it can leaves 4gb for Sierra and A+ could use 8, 10 or 12gb since it is a dedicated mac mini for music only... Like with Photoshop where you can give him more or less ram if you have some spare...

Thanks RunHomeSlow!

This works for me :)

One thing I noted was that when running the Onyx disk permissions repair, I needed to disable AV scanning.

Cool, glad it helps you :-)

El Captain will be my latest version. Period!
and this 2012 Mac mini will be my last Mac dedicated music player

It only takes 10 to 15 mins to put back the audio extension for enabling Direct Mode again in A+ with Sierra...

Don't count on Apple to cured a small audio developper software for you guys...

At least Damien found that it was that extension that was now faulty for Direct Mode...

But also, Sierra is not important for playing music if you don't want it...

It's like passing from 2.5.4 that is perfect for you, to 2.6 that messed up again your perfect library...

But for me the day i lost to have to repair again my library to be up to date with the new design of 2.6

was really a plus in the end... Great update by Damien, nice features added and mostly: speed...

Direct Mode for Sierra is in my post on the page before that one, real easy...

We don't need Apple, we need Damien :-)

Direct Mode enabled again with Sierra cured for me: The loading buffering time when upsampling to DSD128 compare to the Large CoreAudio I/O Buffer replacing the Direct Mode. It cured also the songs stopping at 2 seconds at the end... the progress bar not finishing at the end or the song stopping for nothing at the 2 seconds at the end, and also the number of counted played song not been updated... I can't point that it is direct mode that do that or the CoreAudio Buffering that is buggy, but all does bugs are not been happening since two days when i replaced the extension with the El Crapitan one, now been seeing that for like forty CDs now playing with those bugs. Talking for me, with Sierra, My mac mini late 2012 and my DAC...

If i was you, i'll download the beta 13 from A+ website... since it is using a completely new library. If you are about to have problem, it is less trouble to be with the last library then have to edit again your old when you get the final 2.6... there will not be much difference now already at beta 13.

You don't have to trash the old library, download the beta and select start from scratch... select the folder that contain ALL your music and wait...

don't click to look or edit or play music, just wait lol

You can see when you quit the preferences panel in the right up corner of A+ window... the progression bar... do nothing till it is gone... then you can start looking at the mess if there is some... you will surely have to edit some albums...

If i was you also, i'll forget iTunes... if you things are well tags, it will follow in A+, if not you will learn...

with the one music folder everytimes you'll add something to it, it will be updated automaticcally in A+...

you should see a AUTO in green beside your library folder in the preferences panel. many folders syncing is good also...

It sounds like this will be a project over the Thanksgiving holiday. I have never seen the progression bar when syncing so this should be very helpful. This is a horizontal bar that sits above the album view?

It sounds like if you click on something during the sync process, the whole process stops and you have to start over or you end up with a mess of a library. Thanks for the help.

It is not that long for 1tb... depending on computer... just start it before sleeping :-) in album view or tracks view, yes horizontal. You see for me, i have two folders coming from different Hard disc...

Snapz002.jpg

Maybe you should look at the View menu... Show Artists list and arrange some like you want.

Snapz004.jpg

Great news!! nice work Damien, was hoping for the DR numbers!

Thank you for the update! Maybe (probably) I'm just missing it, but exactly how do you trigger calculation for ReplayGain? I'd expect you just select some / all albums and choose "Calculate ReplayGain" from a menu or context pop-up (or some such), but I can't find this anywhere :/

File menu... library :-)

JRiver has the R128 also but everywhere when you see DR numbers, it is mostly rough numbers like this database... :-)

Album list - Dynamic Range Database

Damien,

Look at this.. Carly Simon.. I do not have a name with First letter Capital rest small.. this is the same for other Artist.. with the same issue..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30952[/ATTACH]

i think you can change it in the in the view menu... show artist list and change the one you want...

find it on the left column and change it in the right one... not sure though :-)