IGNORED

Sonore DC-4 Cable

Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 9.10.52 PM.png

The Sonore DC-4 cable for connecting your Sonore Rendu and opticalModule to a Sonore Audiophile power supply. These DC cables are custom made by hand in the USA for Sonore by Cardas Audio.

Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 8.39.57 AM.png

Features

Cardas 2x15 twisted pair

2-15 AWG ultra-pure copper

Golden Ratio scaled Cardas Litz conductors

Multi-stranded arrangement in a color jacket

Each individual strand is coated in an insulating enamel

Specifications

Dimension: L = 12" / 317.5mm

Power connector: dual 2.1mm x 5.5mm connectors

Now you're just adding to the 'audiophilia nervosa'... Surely the LPS-1 testing used the included cable. Should this Cardas cable make an iota of difference?

From the construction point of view I can tell you there is certainly more than "iota of a difference".

What I was really asking was if there's a difference in sound quality. I would hate to think that your premium LPS-1 is limited by a $2 cable from China.

I know what you were asking. It's my opinion that these questions about sound quality are best left up to you using the cable, adapter or whatever in your system. My job is to provide a high quality alternative. I don't make the LPS-1 or have anything to do with it's manufacturing. Uptone Audio manufacturers and distributes the LPS-1.

I've had my Microrendu for a couple of months, the LPS1 for a couple of weeks, and the DC-4 cable for a couple of days. I'm happy to be the first to pipe up (I think) with my initial impressions of the new cable, and they are very positive. I'm a big believer in the power of a good power cord, so it wasn't surprising to me. Compared with the stock cable, the soundstage and instrumental imaging were more fully fleshed out and there was more musical nuance and detail. Not subtle at all -- apparent very quickly.

To take a step back, the combination of Roon (which I discovered as part of trying out the MRendu), the MRendu, the LPS1 and the DC-4 has really been a coming of age for computer audio, in my very HO. I have the marvelous Acoustic Plan DAC, and my friend recently brought over the companion transport, which is of equivalent quality as a disc spinner. We A/B'd using the spdif/transport input vs. the USB with the MRendu + LPS1 (didn't have the DC 4 yet). It was clear to us that the the USB team sounded decisively better. I don't think that would have been true for any other incarnation of my computer front end. -- David

Thanks for posting this.

Jesus,

Bought an essentials bundle earlier today is it possible to add an extra dc4 cable to this order? (order no. 1345)

You have to send an email reply to your order because that is not enough for me to identify you. Hurry because orders have already started shipping.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...