IGNORED

Upsampling to anything other than your DAC's internal conversion rate

Wow Wilhelm, what a beautiful listening room! I feel more relaxed just by looking at the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Now on topic - I am upsampling everything to DSD512 using HQplayer on an i7-6700k Windows machine with playback via either the IFI microIDSD or T+A DAC 8 DSD.

The playback results are stunning with any resolution input file or music genre. I can't imagine going back to a "bit perfect" solution.

Has anyone else here tried DSD512?

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

A little off topic (pardon...[emoji847]) can you do a comparison of these two DACS?

Thanks

I think the comparison between the ifi microIDSD and T+A DAC 8 DSD has been done already.

So quickly, my experience with these two DACs is with DSD512 playback via HQPlayer upsampling.

At this resolution they are similar to two members of a very successful car line, like an entry level and top of the line BMW or Mercedes. They both make great music, with the T+A having luxury features, like a remote, and balanced outputs, etc. Image sizes are roughly the same, while the T+A delivers a richer, faster sound across the spectrum. Both are reasonably priced in their respective market segments and represent great value for money.

Warning protect your speakers! - I recommend that anyone playing a native DSD 512 DAC employ a Windows machine with an ASIO driver. Native DSD512 on Linux is a world filled with pops and thumps some as loud as 0 db! Windows has its share of these problems as well. For instance never reboot a Windows machine with a connected amp powered up.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio