IGNORED

UltraCap™ LPS-1 Troubleshooting, system grounding, etc.

Interesting thought about the AC-7. I do have one of those units. Can't remember if I tried using it for this purpose before - maybe I'll try tonight. I did bring the LPS-1's to work with me with intent of mailing them on my way home, but I didn't bring the Meanwell unit. I'll have to grab that at home tonight, and mail the package tomorrow. This will give me a chance to try the AC-7 as well this evening.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing all this information, Alex. Holiday events, a birthday, and then my wedding on Friday pretty much required me to check out completely from audio and online stuff since before Christmas.

It's great to know what the ZeroZone is actually capable of, so thanks for doing those measurements. I received the package this morning, and will be anxious to have the LPS-1's back in the system. For what it's worth, I agree the clicks are very quiet. I never claimed the clicks were a problem. I had simply noticed them as I was inspecting the LPS-1's close-up in trying to determine why I was hearing high frequency noise through the speakers. And when I mentioned them, you were the one who said there should be zero clicking and that it was a possible sign of a defect. I'm glad John was able to chime in with a plausible explanation for them, and that everything checks out in terms of their performance. It's still strange to me that out of so many hundreds of units in the field, I'm the only one who has heard any high frequency noise through their speakers using the Meanwell charging supply. I do have some sensitive tube electronics and high efficiency speakers, but would think there would be some others out there with equally sensitive stuff. But I guess it is what it is.

Thanks again for the quality products and service.

Regards,

Ben

• Superdad unpinned this topic
  • 9 months later...

I had this same issue, and Alex directed me to try and physically separate the Meanwell from the area where my interconnects were.  He suspected the unshielded interconnects were picking up on noise from the Meanwell.  Moving the Meanwell away from my interconnects did indeed resolve the issue.  With a phono input, the gain is so much more than a line level input, I would imagine the impact would be magnified.