IGNORED

UltraCap™ LPS-1 LISTENING IMPRESSIONS thread

First Post!

Not too long ago I added the Intona USB isolator to the system and it provided a big boost in performance. This made me a believer in galvanic isolation. I added a Regen (borrowed from my car system) post Intona in the USB chain but this slightly lessened the performance. I was powering the Regen with the 5V from an iFi iUSB. So off came the Regen and back to the car it went. Then I read about great performance from an Intona and Regen USB chain with the Regen powered by battery. This provided the excuse I needed to get the LPS-1.

I came home today and found the LPS-1 in the mailbox. I grabbed the Regen from the car, hooked up the LPS-1 and I was listening for 5 hours straight. The music was spectacular. I was a little surprised really because the Intona was already a big boost by itself and I didn't think it could get much better. But the LPS-1 powered Regen was yet another big boost.

Three "words" describe the re-introduction of the Regen and the introduction of the LPS-1: weight, clarity, and PRAT.

Weight: the kick drums kicked more, the bass punched more, the blips blipped a little harder, everything popped more

Clarity: clarity was everywhere from low end to high end, but I sensed that the clarity in the high end was extra special compared to past system changes

PRAT: I was tapping my toes and getting into the rythm

I was hearing things in familiar recordings that I haven't heard before or I heard them before but now I'm hearing them in a different but better way. Kudos to Uptone!

I also tried the LPS-1 with the iFi SPDIF iPurifer and the Coaxial input of my DAC but it didn't sound as good as the USB chain. This reconfirms that my DAC favors USB over SPDIF.