IGNORED

What Are the Best Sounding Speakers You've Ever Heard.?

"I owned the 802S3 and these were absolute rubbish... "

Those piles of crap cost me a fortune. I learned more about audio from those speakers than I did from all my other gear combined. I was convinced I could get them to sound right if I just.....

In the end, I finally figured out the problem. It was the binding posts. If I connected the speaker cables to the binding posts on my ProAc 2.5's, the problems finally went away.

I used to sell ProAc and loved the line. My four favorite (and affordable) speakers at the time were the Tablettes, Celestion SL600s, Magnepans and Quads. All four in different ways were transformative. At the time the ProAc Studios didn't have as advanced design or appeal as the amazing Tablettes.

Did you ever hear the Future's? I almost bought a pair of Future 1's, but they seemed a bit pricey for what they were.

Very good speaker otherwise.

In general I like 2 way designs the best because the integration of different drivers is never perfect as are full-range drivers

Well designed time and phase correct speakers take care of that problem. My Vandersteen's are more coherent than both my Magnepans and Martin Logan's.