IGNORED

New Amarra 4

Over the last few days I got acquainted with Amarra Luxe.

I reactivated my old MacMini Late2009 to feed a Weiss DAC202 through Firewire and the result is sublime.

However when it comes to operating Amarra, I think I have hit all the idiosyncrasies that are described in this thread. So now I have deleted all the albums from my library to keep things as lean as possible and I am trying to get to grips with Qobuz.

With 16/44.1kHz material Qobuz works fine. However with Hires from 24/88.2 up, the tracks load slower than real-time playback, resulting in severe stuttering. Waiting does not really help, as playback will eventually catch up with loading and then stuttering is back. 

Has anyone found a good way to play hires Qobuz material?

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, CNoblet said:

Jacobacci:  Do you have adequate broadband speed to stream hi-res music files in real time?  If not, that may be your problem. 

I have a 1GB/s internal LAN and 1GB/s internet connection. Activity monitor shows a network usage of around 6KB/s when I stream Qobuz using Amarra.

On the same MacMini, Qobuz streams fine using the Qobuz Desktop app.

• 6 months later...

I updated to 4.3.500 hoping the Qobuz slow streaming bug had been fixed. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case.

Qobuz streams fine at 44.1kHz, but at 96kHz the loading / streaming throughput cannot keep up and stuttering appears after a few seconds.

The MacMini Setup seems to be ok, as streaming with the Qobuz app on the same machine works without any issues up to 192kHz