IGNORED

New Amarra 4

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

This is how Sonic Studios has operated since the beginning, literally for years and years.  And yet they keep going, and users keep buying.  For a certain type of customer, who likes a certain type of sound, Amarra is really the only viable choice - foibles and all.  Of course we all wish the functionality was better, but c'est la vie.

I was going to say exactly this.  It is why I did not buy version 4...  I paid way too much for the previous versions and refuse to be duped again.

All the problems in Ver. 3 that were never fixed should have been the red flag.

No electron left behind.

I just want to point out that Sonic Studio is currently charging more for Ver. 3 than for Ver. 4, by double...

Ver. 3, that can barely load a 24/96 album in memory.  Don't bother with anything higher, won't work.  Want to know why?  It is a 32 bit program and can only address 3GB of RAM.

No electron left behind.

• 3 years later...
3 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

As a veteran of the Amarra swamp lands, I eventually gave up entirely on it.  With Roon plus HQPlayer 4 (backend) I'm able to get equally good sound, and an infinitely better library management system and iPad remote.  Amarra was so tedious to use.  Roon is smooth like butter, never a glitch, ever.  I ended up buying a Roon lifetime license.

I was going to say this a bit ago before I was distracted here by one of my girls waking up. Roon and HQPlayer in a proper set up is IMO, the best playback software solution there is right now.

No electron left behind.