IGNORED

Group-Buy for Roon

duxservit

To the OP's point over the general cost ... they say the cost is down to the fee per user they are charged by Rovi for the data ... how much thats true I don't know.

They do have to pay the provider for accessing the data through their API, but I am not sure it costs that much and that the cost is completely trickled down to each end-user.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Roon does file management/ presentation much better than Fidelia, Amarra, or even A+. In my opinion, its the only thing Roon does better. The question is if Roon is worth $500 for a better presentation of music?

Actually, it also does multi-room, which neither Fidelia, Amarra or A+ will do. Maybe not important to everyone, but is quite important for me.

A very valid point firedog ... but then why do you have to do the same to users of iTunes...

That second quote paragraph kind of defeats your moral high ground established in the first!

To the OP's point over the general cost ... they say the cost is down to the fee per user they are charged by Rovi for the data ... how much thats true I don't know.

I did not make the same conclusion as you Audio_ELF; he said nothing about iTunes users.

The cost is what it is, though it seems high. The market will decide. Still, I'm contemplating buying a lifetime license but I'm still in the features/benefits research stage.