IGNORED

Jcat launches the new, 'Femto' USB card

Elberoth

Hi Elberoth,

I'm looking forward to your impressions. Hurry up so I can take advantage of their 50 euro September discount!

Thanks much

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

1) maxed out Woo WA2 > Beyerdynamic T1 w/ Forza Noir hybrid cable mod

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

***Audio system powered by two Equi=Core 300 balanced power sources                                                       

I didn't see the €50 discount on the site. Is this off the €422 "sticker price"?

It seems the 50 Euro discount is for Jplay owners only. You should get Jplay anyway.......then you can get the discount. :)

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

• 1 year later...

Just posted this on the Uptone LPS 1-2 thread, thought it might be good to repost here:

A few days ago I added the LPS1-2 to a PPA V4 usb card on the audio pc of my 2 pc streamer. It replaced a Teradak + iFi DC iPurifier setup I had feeding it. This supply combo already sounded good but I wanted to play around and add the LPS-1.2 to different points in my system ( love the selectable versatility).

Result: I'm very impressed with the improvement. As others have stated, the bass end is most impacted, more focused and controlled. However, the improvement affects all aspects of the sound profile. More texture, more detail and improved imaging. Just seems to get higher definition from the PPA V4 card. Great job Uptone.

It makes me wonder how much improvement I'd get from changing from the PPA v4 usb card to the JCAT Femto usb card.

Would welcome feedback from anyone who has compared the 2 cards.........Thanks

• 10 months later...

33 minutes ago, TubeMan said:

Can confirm that this Firmware works excellent on PPA USB V3/4 Card ,
With great result
both are based on NEC/RENESAS uPD720201 chip

But everyone flash on ther on risk !!

Wow that is cool..........I wonder if it would work on a PPA V2 card.

Thanks, guys. I will try it this weekend!

I have the JCAT Femto USB card in my Audio PC to output music. I use a PPA V2 to input music drives on my control PC. It will be interesting to see if it makes a difference in SQ.