IGNORED

New launch - iEMatch

Today is the global launch:

iEMatch

Kiss goodbye to the hiss

LL

Southport, UK – 15th September 2016

With great power, comes great hiss

Many headphones, and in particular IEMs, are high-sensitivity in nature. This, coupled with the relative high-power of modern Smartphones, (dedicated headphone amplifiers are even more powerful), means that listening enjoyment is heavily compromised as ‘loudness/hiss’ becomes excessive. This makes listening fatigue an all too common issue.

The solution: Source > iEMatch > Headphones

By inserting the iEMatch® in between the Smartphone/Source and the Headphones, the result is sound quality that has greater warmth, resolution and dynamic contrast.

1. Reduced background noise/hiss
  2. Improved dynamic range
  3. Optimised volume control

Features/Technologies

• Ultra (-24dB)/High (-12dB) sensitivity adjustment
  • TRRS-Balanced® connection for Single-Ended and Balanced operation
  • 6N Copper/Silver matrix signal cabling with FINAL 6063-T5 aluminium-magnesium alloy shell
  • Gold-plated circuit board with premium components (eg MELF resistors)
  • Gold-plated 3.5mm male/female connectors
  • Input impedance > 16 Ohm
  • Output impedance > 2.5 Ohms (High-sensitivity) > 1 Ohm (Ultra-sensitivity)

The retail price of the iEMatch® is US$49 (ex-tax) or €59 (incl VAT).

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

• 2 weeks later...

What's in the box?

For those of you who'd like to know what's inside of iEMatch box and how it looks like, here you go:

1. Memory foam ear buds (-37dB attenuation)

2. Gold-plated airplane adapter

3. iEmatch

4. Velvet pouch to put it all in
regular_smile%20.gif

29362d1475174434t-what-%24%5E-and-heck-it-iematch-course-900x900px-ll-7fa9b33d_iematchbox.jpeg

Every bit of informations about our iEMatch can be found here:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi iFi,

Would there be any warnings/negatives to using this with one of your products such as the Nano iDSD? I was considering the Nano versus the Micro iDSD but only currently have IEMs, so don't need the crushing power of the Micro headphone amp. I am aware of the other additional features offered by the Micro, but when analyzing the headphone amp only I didn't know if the Nano + iEMatch would be OK to use.

Thanks!

-Tyler

Office: iPod classic/iPad -> Shure SE425 IEM Home: Oppo BDP-83/Synology DS211j -> Integra DTR-7.8 -> Revel speakers

Hi iFi,

Would there be any warnings/negatives to using this with one of your products such as the Nano iDSD? I was considering the Nano versus the Micro iDSD but only currently have IEMs, so don't need the crushing power of the Micro headphone amp. I am aware of the other additional features offered by the Micro, but when analyzing the headphone amp only I didn't know if the Nano + iEMatch would be OK to use.

Thanks!

-Tyler

As long as the DAC/headphone amp is designed to drive 16 ohm headphones without distortion, there is no issue, which is the case with the iDSD nano. As you know, the iDSD micro has in effect the same system and circuit as the iEMatch build in.

Some older headphone amplifiers and headphone outputs on DAC's may be designed to mainly drive high impedance headphones (300 to 600 ohm loads). Such devices will usually barely work with 16 ohm headphones (often lacking bass, also having way too much noise). In this case any benefit of the iEMatch is doubtful.