IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

In 2.5, it appears that the rate switching delay function in Squeezelite settings does not work.  I typically have this set to 700 ms, but after inputting the value, and saving the change (w/accompanying squeezelite restart), the field is empty and it would appear--from the sound of it---that the delay is not functioning.  

Can anybody else confirm and, if so, can Jesus, et al, please put this on your list to fix?

Thx.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:29 AM, chetthejet said:

In 2.5, it appears that the rate switching delay function in Squeezelite settings does not work.  I typically have this set to 700 ms, but after inputting the value, and saving the change (w/accompanying squeezelite restart), the field is empty and it would appear--from the sound of it---that the delay is not functioning.  

Can anybody else confirm and, if so, can Jesus, et al, please put this on your list to fix?

Thx.

Fixed!   Thanks, Andrew & Jesus.

• 4 months later...

Just did my weekly update to my microRendu....it appeared the only app updated was Squeezelite.  However, despite numerous system reboots, etc., Squeezelite will not start and, as well, the Dac Diagnostics app returns an error message of "Error 500 service unavailable".

The device does appear on my network and the other app/functions appear to work (though I don't really use anything else).

Anybody else having the same issue??

3 hours ago, chetthejet said:

Just did my weekly update to my microRendu....it appeared the only app updated was Squeezelite.  However, despite numerous system reboots, etc., Squeezelite will not start and, as well, the Dac Diagnostics app returns an error message of "Error 500 service unavailable".

The device does appear on my network and the other app/functions appear to work (though I don't really use anything else).

Anybody else having the same issue??

Fixed.....some sort of software hairball.  Thanks @agillis!!

I have a microJukebox and an ultraRendu--both running 2.7.  I updated the firmware to the most current version about two days ago.  This afternoon, the ultraRendu suddenly disappeared from the “Network Player” section of the sonicorbiter web interface.  My microJukebox is still there.  Strangely, the ultraRendu still appears as a device on my home network, and Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite still see it just fine.  No problem playing music.

I’ve tried all of the usual things several times---removed power, ethernet and USB, removed the SD card and reinserted and each time the unit comes back up, appears on my network, can play music, but does not show up on sonicorbiter.  It seems as though the problem may be with the webserver on the ultraRendu???

Let me know what you recommend I try…

58 minutes ago, esmit said:

Maybe you can try your browser's Incognito functionality / tab to open sonicorbiter.com?

Thanks for the suggestion, but the sonicorbiter.com webpage works just fine.  The page comes up and It displays my microJukebox under "Music Servers, but doesn't display my ultraRendu under "Network Players".  It's odd because, as I mentioned, the ultraRendu is fully visible on my home network and, as well, is visible to Squeezelite/LMS and there are no issues with playing music.  It just appears the the ultraRendu is, somehow, not announcing itself to sonicorbiter.com...

Interesting additional info:  I can type the IP address of the uRendu into my browser and it brings up the uRendu's web page with full functionality.  So, the only page that's not displaying the uRendu is the sonicorbiter.com page.  I've tried multiple browsers, etc. and the uRendu will just not come up on the sonicorbiter page.

Good idea, but I checked and my computer, uRendu, and microJukebox are all on 192.168.1.xxx.  Both the uRendu and microJukebox are on fixed, IP-reserved addresses on my router, so their IP addresses do not fluctuate.

I'm going to try and check in with Andrew G. on this tomorrow morning....maybe do a remote session.

3 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Do you have two devices assigning IP addresses? If not, then there is likely some kind of fire wall preventing the unit from talking to the internet and reporting back to base camp. 

Wouldn't the firewall then prevent the microJukebox from communicating, too?  Because it's showing up just fine. 

And, while stuff happens, I'm definitely not aware than anything at all had changed with my network in the few hours between when the uRendu was appearing on Sonicorbiter and when it disappeared.

20 minutes ago, Gnnett said:

Ah, okay that makes sense. Just being cheap and when I saw the button, "upgrade now", I got a bit excited.

Cheers

Grant

If I'm not mistaken, the microjukebox does not have an SD card slot ( have one, so I'm pretty sure about this).  So, it is not upgradeable via purchasing a new SD card.  The microrendu does, of course, have the SD card slot, but not the microjukebox. 

So, Grant, don't run out and order the SD card unless you have one of the rendus.  Any upgrade to the microjukebox would need to come via the upgrade button/web connection.  I asked Andrew at SGC if/when this would be forthcoming and his answer was somewhat positive but a bit vague as to the timing.

2 hours ago, Gnnett said:

Hi Chet

Well, I did "run out and look for availability of an SD card for the MJB". 🙂

You are right.

OT: So how do you find the microjukebox? I originally picked one up, as my HP laptop was not working out well as a "server" and had intended moving on to something bigger and better. I have an sMS200 and an UltraRendu, which I use occasionally, but the MJB just works with a pair of Kef LSX's, that means I do not feel the need to upgrade. A pimped out version of the MJB would be nice, but the i5 CDRipper just looks awful.

Cheers

Grant

I use it as a server (LMS), only.  It's networked and resides in another part of the house from where my stereo gear is.  Even though it's somewhat quiet, for me it's too noisy to be near my dac.  So, my chain is microJukebox--->UltraRendu--->dac---amp.  That said the little microJukebox has soldiered on, without a hiccup, for maybe 4 years, now.  So, I'm extremely happy with it.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, EduZ said:

I tried to update my uRendu for twice, from 2.7 to 2.8, in both showed me succes, but it come back keeping on 2.7 after reboot.
Some tips to fix it?

Thanks

You can only update to 2.8 via ordering a physical SD card from Sonore.  Because it involves a larger o/s change, there is no web update from 2.7 to 2.8.

1 hour ago, E-Stat said:

You certainly get that impression from the update page.  Along with happy update messages.   And in the apps section, includes the USB CD drive option which is a 2.8 feature.  It would seem that it is the notification section that is not properly reporting the change.   :)

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 12.49.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 1.04.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 12.51.28 PM.png

Well, I understand the bit of confusion.  The way to interpret the top message is that you're currently running 2.7 and there is a 2.8 (the "latest") version available. Agreed that an additional bit of information/clarification on just how to get that update would be nice for those who don't follow the sonicorbiter thread (this is where the o/s upgrade announcements typically are seen) closely.

As far as the progress messages that follow the start of the upgrade process, all they're telling you is that your version (2.7 in this case)  is current and no updates ("nothing to do") to your current version are available.

It's a bit like learning a new language with a relatively small vocabulary to it.  Once you've worked with it a while, it makes more sense.

3 hours ago, E-Stat said:

I ran the update a second time to illustrate the ability to run an update.  Those particular messages were captured on the subsequent run after the initial update had been completed.  Yet another confusing aspect.  :)

Is it just me or did the USB drive option exist in 2.7?

https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/blogs/news/announcing-the-release-of-sonicorbiter-version-2-8

You can always run the update function even if there are no updates available, at that time, to whatever existing o/s version you're running.  I usually run the update function once every week or 10 days.  Sometimes there are things that get updated, other times not.  If there are no updates in the queue, I get the exact readout that you posted.

As to the USB drive option question, I'm afraid Jesus or Andrew will have to answer that one as I don't remember.