IGNORED

DIY Speakers

What is DIY? There are many level of it from using a kit to designing everything yourself. I did not start from kits but from commercial drivers but then I progressed to build my drivers from scratch. I am at a point that the measured and auditory performance is better than what I could buy but it was and is expensive over the long run as most of my attempts end up as trash. If want decent speakers DIY may be not the cheapest but the most interesting solution!

P.S: no more conventional passive X-over for me- only digital!

Do you mean that you build your own drivers and they perform better than the commercially available offers?

That's surprising.

Could you describe your speaker system a little and maybe add a couple of photos?

Cheers,

Ricardo

There is no reason to copy drivers which are commercially available but there are actually a lot of different speaker driver designs which are not or rarely used in commercial speakers and and there a few who build these: Planars & Exotics - diyAudio.

I am building bending wave driver which work at a very wide range (>200 Hz). No time now for photos and more detail