IGNORED

New launch - SPDIF iPurifier

I have the Oppo HA-1 DAC (which I love) and I recently encountered a problem when using it with the ifi SPDIF iPurifier. When there's no digital signal, the HA-1 makes crackling noises and the bitrate display changes, as if it were searching or trying to synchronize.

I contacted ifi and they said the ifi could not cause this since it's a passive device.

I contacted Oppo and they said that they didn't have any experience with the ifi device, but if it is a passive device, then the HA-1 may be detecting differences in the voltage (coaxial) or the signal (toslink) which is causing the error.

I tried the ifi on both the toslink and coax input on the HA -1 with the same noises in both.

Any ideas? Have any of you encountered this before?

Without any signal the sample rate of the iPurifier SPDIF is undefined, as there is no history of any signal or any sample rate (and it covers 44.1 - 192kHz continuous).

After it has locked onto a signal once it will keep the previous sample rate.

Normally, without a locked signal the DAC should mute, it seems Oppo's DAC does not do this.

It was support request #676545.

The Oppo doesn't make these sounds with any other inputs, with or without a signal or input.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile