IGNORED

Alicia De Larrocha Iberia SACD

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard this, but Praga's reissues, unlike their own recordings, are a shady business.

Most of them are recordings which are in the public domain in Europe (pre-1963), which means no access to master tapes. They do SACDs from a multiple-generation copies, CDs, etc

Their "rare" release of a live Tchaikovsky Symphony 4 by Mravinsky turned out to be the well known 1960 DG studio recording, but with much worse sound.

This Iberia reissue is apparently her recording for the Hispavox label. Of course they don't mention that, as the reissue is not licensed.

Not worth considering from an audiophile point of view..

Claude

Too bad I didn't get your reply before I ordered. The quality is worse than the original CD which I also own. These are a travesty.

I haven't heard this, but Praga's reissues, unlike their own recordings, are a shady business.

Most of them are recordings which are in the public domain in Europe (pre-1963), which means no access to master tapes. They do SACDs from a multiple-generation copies, CDs, etc

Their "rare" release of a live Tchaikovsky Symphony 4 by Mravinsky turned out to be the well known 1960 DG studio recording, but with much worse sound.

This Iberia reissue is apparently her recording for the Hispavox label. Of course they don't mention that, as the reissue is not licensed.

Not worth considering from an audiophile point of view..