IGNORED

Spotify and Optimized Windows 2012.

I'm running Audiophile Optimized Windows 2012 in Core mode. I usually listen to a Jriver/Jplay combination using my own ripped files but lately have been enjoying Spotify for background listening. At reboot, Jriver/Jplay I start manually from a cmd line, but since I installed Spotify, it starts automatically on reboot. That's fine BUT, if I start play music from Spotify, it seems to take control of my DAC and I can't switch over to play stuff on Jriver. The only way to give the DAC back to Jriver is to close Spotify. Then Jriver plays fine. I'd like to be able to switch back to Spotify occasionally, but for the life of me I cannot find where the start command is in W2012. Checked all the usual program files and appdata folders. Only option is to reboot and let it autostart again. Anyone have any idea?

Inside spotify, open settings, there is an option of "open spotify on startup" or something like that. You can disable that.

My setup is similar but I use AO with 2012 and on minimal server mode. Spotify and jriver both starts on startup with a .bat file and there is no problem in switching between them. Maybe the problem starts on core mode, I don't know.

Inside spotify, open settings, there is an option of "open spotify on startup" or something like that. You can disable that.

My setup is similar but I use AO with 2012 and on minimal server mode. Spotify and jriver both starts on startup with a .bat file and there is no problem in switching between them. Maybe the problem starts on core mode, I don't know.

I know that, what I'm looking for is a way of re-starting Spotify after I have closed. I've searched the C drive for anything with the word Spotify in it, but can't locate a bat or exe file.

Open Regedit like cmd.

Find winlogon than shell. Write bat or exe file with location near Explorer.exe with an "," :)

Like =

explorer.exe, C:\spotifyjremote.bat

Key: HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Entry Name: Shell

Value: Explorer.exe, explorer.exe