IGNORED

HOLO Audio Spring DAC - R2R DSD512

Long before ever buying the Holo Spring R2R DAC, I had high hopes for DSD's reported analog sound signature. But like many other actual user, I too became disenchanted with DSD overly soft dynamics. I think the problem has something to do with how Delta Sigma DAC handles DSD. With the Holo Spring DAC, the few DSD files I do have sound every bit as dynamic as my PCM HiRes files. Now, I have no second thoughs about buying DSD recordings.

2 Ch stereo

Auralic Aries>Wireworld AES>Kitsune Holo Spring DAC L3>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>Sonic Euphoria (fully balance autoformer)>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>D-Sonic M3-1200S-A (Anaview AMS1000-2600)>Synergistic Tesla Accelerator cable>Ohm 3000 speakers plus Omni Harmonizer super tweeter

Last week I reached my 500 hours of actual playing/break-in time with the Kitsune level 3 Holo Spring DAC and sat back to access the sound quality. Not having every much experience myself with other DAC and knowing Tim Connor claims, to his ears this DAC competes with the best DACs available at any price, I sat back and said to myself "So this is the current state of the art in DAC sound quality". Certainly the sound quality was good at the DAC asking price but I remember thinking DAC technology still needs some ways to go to compete with the best moving coils. Today with an additional 200hrs of on time, I swear the Holo DAC is sounding better than last week. It's more relax and at ease than last week while maintaining that fast dynamic sound as always, obviously the Jensen Caps are taking a long time to break in. And now for once, I can understand the appeal of people spending $10,000 or $15,000 on other companies R2R DACs if the sound quality is also headed in that same direction and beyond. That relax extended open dynamic sound quality is addictive.

2 Ch stereo

Auralic Aries>Wireworld AES>Kitsune Holo Spring DAC L3>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>Sonic Euphoria (fully balance autoformer)>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>D-Sonic M3-1200S-A (Anaview AMS1000-2600)>Synergistic Tesla Accelerator cable>Ohm 3000 speakers plus Omni Harmonizer super tweeter

• 5 years later...

Yes I have done this voltage change myself.  Be sure to look at Holo Spring website for instructions on which screws to remove to access the switch voltage selector(220V to 110V).  The fuse size is 5mm by 20mm, slow blow.  Your current fuse is 2A for 220 voltage.  This will need to be replaced with a 4A fuse for use at 110 voltage.  Don’t worry about the slight difference in 110 and 120 voltage, it is all the same.

2 Ch stereo

The fuse is located on the back of the DAC, near the power cord.  Use a small screwdriver to pry off the fuse holder lid.

2 Ch stereo