IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Would you please share what version of Autoscript you are using?

Maldur's post #48 in this thread I think is what I used. Turn off autoplay in settings and make sure you are on lan setting under network settings. I connected lan cable directly to PC and get IP address from network icon in Windows Explorer, click on player icon. ISO2DSD gui for ripping. Use Kal's post #129 for checklist.

Everything went well, looked very good...then I clicked on EXECUTE and (apparently) nothing.

I expect I should see evidence of ripping activity on the bottom pane of ISO2DSD.

I assumed (since I don't know any better) that "2002" goes at the end of the IP address since there's space for 4 digits in the IP address box.

Would appreciate feedback on this and any other advice anyone may have. TIA.

No error code or anything? If it is working, you should see the speed of the rip and other info at bottom. So the player ejects to confirm the script on usb is seemingly working? Update Java? Are you connecting directly or using router?

Why not just use the mobile app to make the changes? A monitor is not necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

My Pioneer player doesn't even have an app that I am aware of and I don't use a monitor connected to my player. However, initial setup, a monitor helps because of the auto play feature. Turning it off makes it simpler if your ripping a lot of discs. Most players defult to Lan out of the box so that isn't an issue. The ip of the player can be found via the pc.

• 2 weeks later...
Probably a ridiculous request but here goes....would anyone be wililng to rip my very small SACD collection for me? I only have about 15 SACD. Of course I would be willing to pay for time, shipping, etc. Once ripped I would be willing to let you keep my SACDs since I wont have any need for them anymore (I hope that is legal). Thank you!

I will do it for free if you take care of the shipping costs. I am in FL and have the spare time atm.

Okay, just found this thread today. Own an Oppo BDP-105 connected via Ethernet to Windows 7 PC. Minimally computer literate, that's probably being kind. Was able to find my players IP address, was able to download Ted's files form his Dropbox account and put the two Autoscript files onto a USB drive. My issue is with the SACD Extraction file. I downloaded it and put it in a file in my docs, but I am unclear as what to do next. Another member, gills?, said copy the file to a drive on your PC. What drive? Certainly not my DVD drive. The right click menu, move to, doesn't give me the option to move the file directly to the HDD, so I am unclear as to what, copy file to a drive, means. If it means into a folder in docs or similar I have done that, but I cannot open the file, plus I cannot see the cmd extension either. I also have no idea how to get it to run. What am I doing wrong. After you have all stopped shaking your heads or laughing hysterically I would appreciate a little guidance if at all possible. Thanks.

After you plug the usb stick in the player, does the drawer open? That is the first and arguably the most important step.

Yes that's correct. I now have the files loaded correctly on the USB drive. I inserted it into my Oppo and, whataya know, the drawer opened. So, now what. I inserted an SACD and SACD came up on the Oppo display. Nothing happened. I am still not sure what to run,where it might be, and how to get it to run.

Get ISO2DSD going on PC and put in ip numbers from player. Update java or install it if need be. Your almost there...

ISO2DSD runs from the folder, there is no installing the program. It uses Java as a framework, so make sure after you have ISO2DSD unzipped into the folder you want, and where the SACD iso's will be ripped to, that you have java installed. In the folder you will see "iso2dsd_gui". There should be a little java icon. Click that to open it. Put in ip numbers, output mode raw data, push execute.

I can open the cdm command prompt, but can't seem to change the IP address to the Oppo's, plus everytime I start running the cdm it stops running after about 10 to 15 seconds.

I use the simple method from post #129. Sorry. I like a GUI which ISO2DSD provides and if you plan on converting to PCM from the ISO, you will have to use something like ISO2DSD anyway. But hey, if you want to bother with command prompts and fooling around with manual editing, have at it.

I was able to edit the CMD exe and I am now ripping my first SACD, Beck's Sea Change. Thank you to all that have helped. If you can get a dufus like me to work this out you could help just about anyone. Give yourselves a well deserved Pat on the back. Thanks again.

Glad you got it working.

y

Most likely another misunderstanding on my part. I thought I had to rip to the CMD.exe first then convert with Sonore after the fact. Are you saying I can run Sonore and rip directly to there and do the iso to dsf conversion on the fly?

You can do it on the fly, but the consensus here is, it is best to rip to ISO first and then process afterward.

ISO2DSD can do a ISO rip or other output formats on the fly but going from ISO to something else is so fast, starting with an ISO makes more sense in the end.

Update Java on your PC and run ISO2DSD from a folder on the drive you plan on ripping your discs to. Very simple process and decide which method works best for you...again, use Kal's post #129 as a checklist.

AutoScript folder goes on FAT32 thumb drive.

Execute .cmd file from C drive. (Be sure to edit file so correct IP address appears.)

I use this version of sacd_extract to get the ISO to foobar with no conversion:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/sacd-extract-gui/

This link was given to us in post 793 by grill. (Bonus: this .net version does not require Java.)

What does ISO to foobar mean? Are you trying to make this more confusing than it actually is?

He means he just keeps the ISO, which can be played back directly by Foobar2000 (with the SACD plugin), without any conversion.

Thanks. That does look like a nice gui if you don't like java. I need java for a tivo app so I will most likely keep the ISO2DSD gui.

• 3 weeks later...
No, it won't. His is about SACDs. To rip a Blu-ray, IIRC, make an ISO image with MakeMKV in your computer (optical drive required) and then extract the audio files with DVD Audio Extractor ($).

Audiomuxer will extract the audio from a bluray, and it's free...

Nope.

An internal BD drive in a PC tower is under $50. MakeMKV is free. And, there is player software that will play the MKVs. But, they are not chapterized and there is no menu for individual "tracks" in any PC player software of note.

The only solution to that I have found for BD in hi rez is Audiomuxer, also free, which can convert hi rez to FLAC, chapter by chapter = track by track. Most any player software will then handle the FLAC as individual tracks.

DVD Audio Extractor was of no use for the hi rez soundtrack on BDs, the last time I looked.

I paid $33 for mine and it also burns blurays. The recordable media is cheap now too.

Yes, but you will still need a Blu-ray optical drive, which I do not have. I was hoping there was some way to rip the Blu-ray audio from the Oppo.

That would be nice but bluray drives are cheap. About the price of one quality SACD. This is a great time to use a PC for ALL music needs. My Oppo mostly just collects dust.

Yes, DVDAE works fine (as long as the disc is first decrypted) and we have a few well-attended threads on this already. BUT...please move our BluRay ripping discussions there. They have nothing to do with this thread. Thanks.

Just to be fair, someone was asking if this process worked with blurays.

Are you still using the 5.1 Sony ES preamp for multichannel stuff?

• 3 weeks later...
I may be barking up the wrong tree, but when the drawer closes, you don't run iso2dsd yet. That's step 2.

Step 1 is ripping the sacd files using the sacd extract cmd . That will rip the sacd into an ISO on your PC.

THEN you run iso2dsd to break the iso back into the dsd/dsf tracks.

I use iso2dsd to rip every time with zero problems. It is built into the program especially for this process.

Went back and did some more testing. The track does play after a couple of minutes. Approx 2:00 of dead air before there any audio show up on track #1. Rest of the tracks are fine.

The engineer probably fell asleep like my friend did when they opened up for Beck :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Greetings! This is my first post to the wonderful forum I have been reading for quite awhile with great interest.

Unfortunately, like several others in recent posts, I have also been unable to connect with my Oppo 105 BD player in order to rip one of my SACDs. My summary is as follows:

- Running Windows with a Netgear 4500 router.

- Downloaded AutoScript with all it's files (not the Pioneer set) as well as latest the version of sacd_extract.exe

- Confirmed my specific Oppo IP address within Windows plus the utility FastResolver - followed by successfully pinging it

-

- Copied AutoScript folder with its files inside to empty USB formatted to FAT32

I was pleasantly surprised when, after plugging the USB to the Oppo, the door opened! 1/2- way to success! Following that, I close the door with SACD and proceed to rip from my computer.

Which is where my persistent problems begin:

Using the easy ISO2DVD utility on server input with the Oppo IP address, I only receive the dreaded "libsacdread: Can't open 192.168.2.120:2002 for reading" message with no results. I get the same thing when using the sacd.cmd (with correct IP) method.

I have tried every fix I could find that was suggested in response to similar problems, but the same situation exists. I checked any blocking of the IP in my router's setup plus turned off my firewall.

Could it be an issue with the "2002" port blocking me from the Oppo? and if so, is there any other port or way to find one that might work?

Thank you, sorry for running on, but I wanted to be as specific as I could so some kind soul might come to my (our) aid.

TIA,

Raj

Bypass router and go directly to pc with lan cable. You will see ip address under pc network, put the numbers in iso2dvd.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, KVDB010 said:

I definitively will now also try out a direct ethernet connection between my laptop and the BDP-160.

After a search I found an illustrative explanation on "how to" in a post by one and a half on page 23 of this forurm.

Again, many thanks to the reponders.

I didn't have to create a static ip using a direct connection to my win 8.1 pc, FD-80 shows up in windows explorer. Right click for ip in properties. Place ip # in "iso2dsd_PC_v7" 

• 1 month later...