IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Aloha All, I've looked through so many threads and can't understand what I'm doing wrong. Please be kind as I'm a novice to trying to rip SACD's. I've followed all the instructions. Loaded A5 and moved the Autoscript folder out of the main folder on a flash drive. Powered on the Oppo 105, inserted flash drive, Oppo drive opened automatically, loaded SACD, door closed automatically, and nothing happens. The flash drive led flashed when the disc went in, but just turned solid. I've tried different flash drives and discs with no success. Flash drive is formated in fat32. Tried different ports, front and back. Reset the Oppo back to factory. I'm stumped. Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Mahalo in advance!

On 10/24/2023 at 4:16 PM, MikeyFresh said:

With an Oppo brand player you need to be sure that both Auto-play and Auto-resume have been defeated in the player's Settings.

Other than that the AutoRip A5 script is known to work, assuming the AutoScript folder is at the root of the primary partition on the thumb drive, and the disc you are attempting to rip has no "special" non-English characters in the metadata. Special characters will trip up AutoRip, you have to use the network server method with any such SACD.

Aloha Mikey, thanks for responding. I eventually figured it out after hours of looking at multiple posts. Most of the so called “step by step” instructions are not so clear, as there’s always a few important steps that aren’t included. Why? Maybe legal reasons? I don’t know. There’s a post about ripping SACD that’s labeled “down the rabbit hole”. Now I know why. lol