IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

On 7/23/2016 at 12:11 PM, tmtomh said:

A simple set of instructions for Mac users:

1. Use Oppo Remote iOS app (or whatever method you like) to find your player’s IP address on your network.
  2. Insert USB stick into any of the Oppo’s USB ports. Disk drawer will open almost immediately.
  3. Press Execute button. Ripping will start in about 10 seconds and progress bar will show.

Thank you all for the great input. Trying this for the first time. regarding the three items above:
My Oppo 105d is connected to my wireless network. I know the IP but how do I know the port?
When I inserted the USB stick, the door did not open.
When I pressed execute I got "Failed to connect Libsacdread:Can't open 192.168.0.9 :2"
that "2" at the end was one attempt at guessing the port. I've tried other numbers I thought might be the port, but obviously I need help with this.

My mac, running yosemite, does not see the Oppo but I read that in many of the comments. I am using an airport extreme on wireless. Though I tried hooking my laptop (2013 Macbook pro) via ethernet directly to the oppo, but I assume that doesn't really network that way. I'm guessing my problem is most likely not having the port?

any help is appreciated and I do apologize if I missed a solution. 

thanks

wedge

9 hours ago, pl_svn said:

last time I needed one was in the '90s, afterwards... Macs started doing that autosensing thing ;)

I remember those. Been years.
I've gone back to wireless. We just upgraded our wireless to a Linksys Velop.
Updated the ip address in the software after changing networks.
Verified the correct files were on the thumb drive.
Drive does now open on power up.
Still get the can't connect screen shown in the attached photo

2078435031_ScreenShot2018-11-10at9_57_19AM.thumb.png.a30eaf93707f89c0e0daf3cd8629465f.png

22 hours ago, wedgeworld said:

My Oppo 105d is connected to my wireless network. 
When I inserted the USB stick, the door did not open.
When I pressed execute I got "Failed to connect Libsacdread:Can't open 192.168.0.9 :

My mac is running yosemite,

Some updates to my being unable to have success. 
We now have a linksys Velop wireless system. My signal is way better.
I have only had the Oppo door open automatically once. Other times I had to turn it on, with the thumb drive already inserted, and then the door did a very quick open close thing, with or without a disc in.
Finally when I clicked EXECUTE in the Sonore software I didn't get an error. However, I didn't get anything showing in the Sonore software screen and it doesn't appear that the USB stick is doing anything.

one thing to note, on the Oppo main screen the icon that just says network, if I select that option is shows 0/0. If I select it it spins for a while but nothing shows up. But I am on my network as we were able to use the netflix app.

I've never been much for networking my computers. Is it possible some sharing or other networking item is not set correctly on my Mac?

44 minutes ago, mindset said:

I would suggest confirming that IP address belongs to the OPPO not something else in your LAN (you should be able to do this in OPPO's menu) and then try pinging the IP address.  If the IP address belongs to the player and there is echo,  then the server program is probably not running properly on the player side.

Thank you for the suggestion. I was wondering if Oppo is showing me the correct IP address in its network menu page. I've been using Macs since the late 1980s but sharing and servers are something I have never really done. I'm not really sure how I ping the IP address.
I have networked back up drives attached to my router and accessed my other computer from my newer one. But that is about all. Time to do some learning.

14 hours ago, likearollingstone said:

Go to your Applications folder;

Choose Utilities and then open the Network Utility;

Click the Ping tab and specify a domain or IP that you want to check;

Click on the Ping button to launch the test;

Here is the ping test results, I assume this means they are communicating.

--- 192.168.1.77 ping statistics ---

10 packets transmitted, 10 packets received, 0.0% packet loss

round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 4.974/13.237/49.867/13.212 ms

If so should I perhaps try a different thumb drive with the script on it? I have verified my drive is Fat32 and the script contents are there in the correctly named folder.

1 hour ago, wedgeworld said:

If so should I perhaps try a different thumb drive with the script on it? I have verified my drive is Fat32 and the script contents are there in the correctly named folder.

I now have put the autoscript folder on a new smaller fat32 stick that is only 4gb. I also discovered I had a stick in the rear port as well, which I removed. 
Partial success. The door of the oppo 105D now opens when I put the stick in. It did not before. 
However I still get the Failed to connect libsacdread:can't open 192.168.1.77:2002

so frustrating.

7 hours ago, mindset said:

Yes, this is a problem.  Try power cycling the player with no USB memory and then insert the one with Autoscript.

The door opens as it is supposed to now. But I still get the errors from the iso2dsd_gui app. But at least I'm getting closer.
I thought about hardwiring my mac directly to the Oppo with the ethernet cable.

1 hour ago, ted_b said:

I just checked; looks like everything is still there on my db.  Anyone else have issues?  I could be wrong.

I just realized I never looked at the top for a player model. I have been unable to rip my first SACD. I have the Oppo 105D and the packet I downloaded from your dropbox just says SACD. No brand or model.  Is it possible my issues are because I don't have the correct autoscript for my player?

1 hour ago, sefischer1 said:

I also have the OPPO 105D.   I made a post recently which had the necessary files as an attachment.  Look for it and download it.

I found it. Since you have the OPPO 105D, should my OPPO show an actual network in the set up page for network? It shows no name and 0/0 to the right. It is connected via ethernet to the internet. Fixed IP.  It was also connected to the internet via wireless. Netflix and all that work. But nothing on that network page. 

I'll try your download and report back.

6 hours ago, sefischer1 said:

I also have the OPPO 105D.   I made a post recently which had the necessary files as an attachment.  Look for it and download it.

Found it , downloaded it. Same Failed To Connect error. Since you have the 105 are there any other settings I might have wrong?
Would having the USB wireless antennae plugging into the back cause any problems? 

On 7/22/2016 at 8:43 PM, reeve_mike said:

No telnet needed.

I just put the USB stick in the Oppo, loaded a SACD and ran ISO2DSD on the Mac using "Server Input".

May I ask what and where is "server input". Still can't extract using my Oppo 105D. 
Ooops, had to come back and edit this (can you delete a post?). Server input in the isotodsd app. I get it.

On 11/12/2018 at 9:10 AM, haggis999 said:

If you check Page 1 of this thread you will see a link to my detailed instructions for ripping SACDs using an Oppo 103 or 105. This contains links to all the required files.

So the problem was the autoscript files. It was recommended I try the ones listed in this thread and it worked perfectly for me. http://www.hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/rip-sacd-with-a-blu-ray-player.3652/page-2