IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Good Day

Using a Sony BDP-S6500 firmware version M26.R.0357 happened to have this in house auto update is now off.

Have latest version Sony Autoscript for the 6700 downloaded from link one page back who was also a 6500 user but at a previous firmware.

Downloaded sacd_extract-WINDOWS-v0.3.9@setmind_git_2019-03-21.zip extracted and installed latest version of Java 8.

Put the Autoscript files on 16gb USB key formatted fat32 plug into BDP power down and power up.  Open the GUI sacd_extract jar file. Use it to ping and test connection to BDP player, replies says it's accessible. 

So then set GUI to rip locally, dsf files stereo only for now. So I run without disc in player and drawer opens put in SACD and close. The minute I hit run I loose all network connectivity through two managed switches. So go out for an hour. Come home can feel BDP is spinning. Still no network connectivity can't even ping google. Not a single device on my network is working can ping but even have trouble with ssh to a Pi. Power down BDP everything returns to normal with 5 minutes. No files in output directory. I am able to get network activity on devices connected to third managed switch in front of these two. There is 100's of gb of room on C and it's an M.2 drive PCIe.

Pushing stop button has no affect in SACDextractgui once running. So power cycle.

Would love to get this working is it possible to rip local?

How long should 1 Disk take?

Run UniFi pro networking gear this is the first time I have had an outage in 2 months.

Here is console output:

Pinging 192.168.1.152 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.152: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.152:
    Packets: Sent = 3, Received = 3, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

[DONE]

[SUCCESS] Port 2002 of 192.168.1.152 is accessible.
[RUNNING][D:\Backup\Audio\sacd_extract\sacd_extract.exe, -i, 192.168.1.152:2002, -s, -2, -o, C:\Temp]

Response result non-zero or disc opened
libsacdread: Can't open 192.168.1.152:2002 for reading

[DONE]

[RUNNING][D:\Backup\Audio\sacd_extract\sacd_extract.exe, -i, 192.168.1.152:2002, -s, -2, -o, C:\Temp]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from autoscript file the file name it refers to is correct:

#MTKAT 0.xx script

CLI(CLI_exec cp /mnt/sd*/AutoScript/sacd_extract_6700 /)
CLI(CLI_exec /sacd_extract_6700 -S &)
CLI(CLI_drv.sacd.tray 1)

Thanks

Stay safe

Perfect thanks for taking time to reply.

Yes I understand about AutoRip A6 but those pcloud links don't work. SIgned up for pcloud account before posting still don't have confirmation email. Click on links they do nothing...dropbox works great. I also tried tried updated sacd_extract.exe from videohelp still crashes network.

Power Cycle BDP

Quick start enabled

Inserted flash drive in USB port (with provided files)

Ejects tray, load disk goes in partway then comes out home menu appears then loads disk and screen goes black.

run gui hear disc spin up then this error

Received an error using16gb usb drive, mbr, formatted fat 32

So switched to a older Verbatim 4gb drive also fat 32, MBR, 

No error processing now on track 3 of 10 so assume no news is good news.

Success

Thanks

Only question padding-less DSF I should check this to not get pops between songs?

Okay the thread I read wasn't to clear thats why, its used as/if required

Thanks

I have owned a RME DAC it had pops during playback of dsf files was fixed by RME via firmware update. AKM4490 chips.

Previous dac Allo Katana also suffered from this ESS9038 chip, resolved with kernel driver I believe (sold). Now have another DAC it also developed problem with DSF files pop at beginning and pop at end when you switched to PCM (or other non DSF format) with the new 2020 firmware. When I reverted to previous firmware 2018 it was resolved again. Dual AKM4490 chips

I will experiment and see what happens...main reason for bringing up is dsd is finicky, in my opinion worth effort and sure glad I can rip my collection tired of swapping disks.

At times the ripping software might not be culprit at all.

Roon user here.

Cheers and stay safe.