IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

I just got a sony BPD-S590

The firmware it came with is M12.R.0510

I don't know if I have firmware compatibility issues but I simply can't telnet into it.

I tried using the auto script files Dick Darling-ton had and changed the inetd to telnetd.

No Dice tried using both front and rear ports, have formatted both fat32 and ntfs

The player sees the pny thumb drive in either port and adds a folder "buda"

I think when I insert in the back.

tried using both putty on windows and telnet on ubuntu

can ping the dvd player

where am I going wrong?

Just wanted to contribute my SACD ripping experience for the Sony S590.

After figuring out my scripts actually needed to be in the AutoScript folder and not the root of the SD card

everything went rather smoothly.

Surprising to me USB 2 VS USB 3 thumb drives are significantly faster

I wouldn't have thought it would matter since the data is being ripped at around 3MBps

Technically USB2 should handle around 60MBps, but for some reason it drops to less than 1.5MBps

The sleep issue is a real drag.  I hope someone figures out how to keep the thing awake, I was thinking of trying to use a streaming service like hulu and watching videos while it rips, but it won't let me use my personal HULU account???

One thing that I noticed:  In quickboot mode and allow network wake.  One can still telnet into the machine while its off, but it's not particularly useful. In face it seems to cause an issue with the Player changing the id of the thumb drive from sda1 to sdb1 if you take it out and put it back in. The only way around it as far as I can tell is not allow quick boot so that it hard resets everything in the os.

I tried using the unix command shutdown now it gave the system warning it's going down like any unix/linux distro but it didn't seem like the player actually wanted to cooperate with the shutdown command.

Anyhow after figuring out some of it's quirks and to never leave it ripping unattended everything is working great.  I spent 69 on my player free shipping.  More than some of you but definitely worth being able to finally rip all of my SACD's off of physical media.

Thank you to everyone who figured out these exploits and whoever wrote the executable for ripping the iso's !!!!