IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

On 9-5-2017 at 1:02 AM, Darryl R said:

I promised to report my findings yesterday, but Amazon didn't deliver the BDP-80FD until today.  As so many others have found, SACD ripping with this new configuration is one of the easiest things I've ever done on a computer:

1.  Turn off Autoplay

2.  Connect to LAN (WPS not necessary)

3.  Copy Autoplay folder from BDP160 zip to root of USB stick and insert in front of 80FD (FAT32 not necessary, and you can leave other files on the USB)

4.  Insert SACD

5.  Get IP from File Explorer and run SACD_EXTRACT on PC (static IP not necessary)

I also didn't find any relationship between the target folder name and the ISO name.  I guess the poster has a very different system.

I ripped a 2.8GB ISO in about 30 minutes.  My network is based on a typical home WiFi router from the cable guy.

Where can i dowload the SACD-extract-BDP160.zip file? For now i found separate files in a Dropbox : AutoScript;AutoScript.TSS;sacd.cmd;sacd_extract and sacd_extract.exe

but nowhere a folder called AutoScript? ("Use the AutoScript folder from SACD-extract-BDP160.zip") 

Thnx and best regards,

Léon

5 minutes ago, LeonJehae said:

Where can i dowload the SACD-extract-BDP160.zip file? For now i found separate files in a Dropbox : AutoScript;AutoScript.TSS;sacd.cmd;sacd_extract and sacd_extract.exe

but nowhere a folder called AutoScript? ("Use the AutoScript folder from SACD-extract-BDP160.zip") 

Thnx and best regards,

Léon

Just found it thanks to the link from : Scar972.......sorry for my impatient.

On 21-7-2016 at 4:49 PM, YashN said:

At least we now have several models from different manufacturers to hunt for.

I have bought a NAND PS3 PHAT (CHECH04) and wanted to buy (and use) progskeet to downgrade to FW3.55 so i could finally rip my SACD's...........................eeeehhhhh......just before buying it i found this topic.

Bought for € 68,- a Pioneer BDP-160 and within (literally) less than 15min i was already ripping my first SACD.

No need for a FW-version check no nothing, installed it wired, ripping at approxiametly 2.9 MB/s directly on my local computer harddisk and not on the PS3 disk.

Since FAT32 is limited to 4GB i had to rip one SACD (who was > 4GB) directly to *.DSF instead of ISO. (-s parameter instead of -I) So my advise :

Don't even think about a PS3, hell of a job to downgrade plus progskeet cost (without the PS3) the same as a second hand Pioneer BDP-160 on eBay.

Thnx for this topic and those who wrote the procedure/scripts.

Best regard,

Léon

On ‎12‎-‎7‎-‎2017 at 7:40 PM, Phthalocyanine said:

ExFat may well be the wave of the future for high-capacity USB storage, but the only relevant issue for LeonJehae is what formats his Pioneer 160 will recognize in USB.  NTFS is listed in the specs, ExFat is not.  I'm sure some Pioneer 160 owners can chime in on whether or not ExFat will work for the Pio 160.

Thnx for the discussion guys but i actually even want to rip directly to DSF. It was that the manual reads how to rip to ISO. Just changed the -I option to -s and voila.  (Roon doesn't play ISO) Anyway, one SACD stopped (two times) at 98% when ripping over the network to a local (NTFS) harddisk. Ripped that same SACD directly to DSF on the same harddisk and everything was fine. So that's why i thought it could be to the limitations of FAT32. Probably NTFS will work indeed.

32 minutes ago, ted_b said:

No offense but your are dead wrong.  Your NAND PS3 PHAT (CHECH04) is not even close to the only PS3s capable of ripping SACDS (namely CECHA, B, C and E).  Please read the article you listed and refer to the table in it, a table I've listed several times here on CA since 2011, when I first wrote the guide.  I know it's somewhat confusing, but simply stick to those models and you are half way there (firmware being the other half).  Sorry for the hijack; this thread is about Oppos/Pioneers anyway, a much easier approach.

Whot í'm reading wrong then"? 04 is not 4 or? The last C?

CHECH04_60GBJPG.thumb.JPG.235232ed835641abf3c0d0fb0c20a3da.JPG