IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Hi,

I am new to this post and just recently obtained a Pioneer BDP-80FD to use to rip SACDs after reading the previous posts on this thread and hoping to easily be able to read discs.

I cannot get the unit to respond as a server after having read all of the relevant posts and carefully following all instructions.  In all cases I get the "Failed to connect" response, I believe confirming that the player is not functioning as a server. (I have also used Telnet and the Sonore iso2dvd_gui program with the exact same result! I have used ping to verify the address is correct and always get a valid ping response. The drawer opens upon powering up with a USB stick and reads the SACD when I close the drawer,, etc.)

I would really like to get this working. Any comments or further help would be appreciated!

Joel

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

The player address is statically assigned and outside of the address range of the router.  Also, if I disconnect the Ethernet cable to the player, the ping immediately fails, so I am sure that no other device is on the network at that same address. When I reconnect the cable the ping again responds.

Hi to Geronimo1958,

I followed your advice and am now ripping my very first SACD as I  type this message!  Thank you very much!

As a former software engineer in a previous life, I see the problem was not using the unique files needed for the Pioneer player on the flash drive USB stick. (The files on the PC itself are the same and not important.) This was not obvious on some of the messages.

It's looking like it will take about 20 minutes to rip this disc.

Regards,

Joel