IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Been watching this development from the start. I am fortunate to have a PS3 configured to run SACD_Ripper, and that it has performed for me very well for several years now. But it does, as others note, run hot, and at some point, all that disc spinning will take its toll. I set up the files on a small 1gb thumb drive, and the ISO2DSD plus Java on my Mac [running beta of OS X Sierra 10.12.1], all on wired Ethernet. No surprise that the setup does not run a whole lot faster than on the OS3. Actually, it ism a surprise, inasmuch as it is running over the network. Although, I do have to run back and forth to my Oppo, which is downstairs, and I do choose to do a 2-step conversion process using ISO2DSD, so as to lessen spinning wear on the Oppo, this allows me to manage the process more centrally from the Mac on which I do all my file management. Very, very sweet.

P.S. I did a check of a few SACDs I had previously ripped on the PS3—identical files. And after the second step in the process, identical file names. Metadatics does the rest of the lifting.

All the toys are in my profile.

Been watching this development from the start. I am fortunate to have a PS3 configured to run SACD_Ripper, and that it has performed for me very well for several years now. But it does, as others note, run hot, and at some point, all that disc spinning will take its toll. I set up the files on a small 1gb thumb drive, and the ISO2DSD plus Java on my Mac [running beta of OS X Sierra 10.12.1], all on wired Ethernet. No surprise that the setup does not run a whole lot faster than on the OS3. Actually, it ism a surprise, inasmuch as it is running over the network. Although, I do have to run back and forth to my Oppo, which is downstairs, and I do choose to do a 2-step conversion process using ISO2DSD, so as to lessen spinning wear on the Oppo, this allows me to manage the process more centrally from the Mac on which I do all my file management. Very, very sweet.

P.S. I did a check of a few SACDs I had previously ripped on the PS3—identical files. And after the second step in the process, identical file names. Metadatics does the rest of the lifting.

And FWIW, I intentionally updated my 105 to the latest firmware before starting, to see if there would be any problem. Obviously, none.

All the toys are in my profile.