IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

5 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello 

If all goes well i‘ll publish Beta 38 tonight. Just a few little fixes in setup.exe and AudiophileShell. More details tonight.

If you are using Windows in GUI mode, please delete the AO and ServiceTool shortcut on the desktop before installing the update.

After the AO update has been installed please report your OS version and if the shortcuts for AO and ServiceTool have been properly recreated. Thank you.

Best,

AudioPhil

Updated to 38 .Server 2019 in Core.

All working for me

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, moriez said:

I wonder how you all do comparisons. Replace OS one after another, dual boot etc. How? For me it again turns out impossible to tell WS2016 and WS2019 apart in a dual boot configuration. For one it takes about 90 seconds in between switching OS and getting ready so all what I thought I perceived I find too unreliable to be certain. I also did not hear any characteristic to absolutely clearly stand out as being different when using WS2016 vs WS2019.

@AudioPhil because of the dual boot I went into SSD properties and noticed that indexing was ticked. Am I correct in assuming this is functionless because the index service is removed or disabled by AO? Task manager does not show WSearch running.

I find it best to "live" with a configuration for a day or so at least, before changing.

Quick changes can be very missleading.