IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

I'm currently testing some more operating system options, and I have some interesting remarks:

- The version of Windows Server 2016 I use is build 14393, which I can install on an 8GB .vhd and occupies 7.5GB of that .vhd with everything installed (JPLAY and Audiophile Optimizer).

- The latest Windows Server 2016 version I tested (build 17763) can only be installed on a 9GB .vhd, occupies 8.5GB of this .vhd with everything installed.

- I'm doing experiments with Windows Server 2019 (build 17763.253) and I'm surprised. I was able to install it in a .vhd of only 7GB and, with JPLAY FEMTO installed (without the Audiophile Optimizer), it occupied only 6.3GB of this .vhd. Still, with no optimization, I noticed that Windows needs 0.9GB of RAM to run, which indicates that with the Audiophile Optimizer approximately 0.5GB of RAM will be needed. This means that we will be able to make Windows Server 2019 work via RAM on computers with only 8GB installed, with a good leftovers. I haven't listened to it, and I may have been waiting for the Audiophile Optimizer 3.00 for this, but I think we can be optimistic...

Hi, Kelvin.

I've never worked with ISO files for this purpose (I never managed to make it work.), just as VHD virtual disk files. About the files I shared in Google Drive, their purpose is fully described in the instruction manual I shared. Did you read it?

I have a specific topic for RAMdisk with Windows Server 2016 and, as soon as the Audiophile Optimizer 3.00 is released, I'll also direct it to Windows Server 2019. I ask you to post there about any doubts, to avoid off topics in this one.

Thank you!!!

PS.: regarding clone the Windows to a USB 3.0 stick, once you did everything correctly, there's no secret: it's just copy and paste...

Hi, Phil. I already sent you the e-mail and I'm waiting for an answer. I was left with some doubts:

- Which Windows do you recommend, Standard or Essentials?

- In my case, I've already used three of the five licenses of the Audiophile Optimizer v. 2.20. You said that the two v. 3.00 BETA licences will be unlinked from v. 2.20, right? I ask why I want to test it in the Audio-PC (where I've been using the Audiophile Optimizer v. 2.20 for a long time) and also in a Windows Server-based notebook. It turns out that in the notebook I never installed the Audiophile Optimizer. Does that mean I'll need to use a license, or will the two remain there? I wouldn't want to use a "real" license with this notebook.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Can everybody please give a short feedback about the DAC driver they are using and what OS (Server 2012 R2 Core, 2016 Core or 2019 Core)? Please also report if you need to press F8 during boot to disable driver signature enforcement and if KS works as well as if WASAPI works and what player you are using. Please use the example report below.

Copy/paste/edit and then post your infos in the thread.

Example report

DAC/DDC:

Driver/Version:

Need to press F8:

Player:

KS working:

WASAPI working:

Needed HD Audio Driver:

Thanks a lot,

AudioPhil

DAC/DDC: Ayre QB-9

Driver/Version: Thesycon v. 1.26S

Need to press F8: No

Player: JPLAY Femto

KS working: Yes

WASAPI working: Yes

Needed HD Audio Driver: No

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love if Control-PC's Audiophile Optimizer could set the parameters of the Audio-PC, without monitor, through the network. I can access it remotely, but it would be fantastic if, through Control-PC, we could configure both, Control-PC and Audio-PC...

Besides that, I confess that there's not much I can wish for Audiophile Optimizer that it already doesn't do...

Friends, I think you are complicating things a little bit. If by "shutdown" you are referring to turn the computer off, just type sconfig.cmd in the command prompt. Here you can see that options 13 and 14 allow you to shut down or restart your computer. This is in the case of Windows Server (I think the vast majority here uses). I don't know if Audiophile Shell needs something like this.

Regarding to network parameters, it's also possible to do it by command prompt or by PowerShell. Just use the right commands. But I think this is a very useful option that would greatly simplify our life, if it exists in Service Tools or elsewhere.

Well, my computers use Windows Server in Core mode, with no GUI. All I do is by command line. I leave, to facilitate, remote access enabled, so that I can command the two computers through the notebook (mstsc.exe).

When the computer has the IP set as fixed (task for which use the command netsh interface ipv4 set address name ="Ethernet" source=static addr=192.169.0.1 mask=255.255.255.252), there's no internet access. And, as the Audiophile Optimizer only needs internet at the time of installation and configuration (and this only in the Beta version), when I use it, just activate DHCP again, through the command netsh interface ipv4 set address name="Ethernet" dhcp. I then connect the computer to the router. To revert, just fix the IP again and you're done. I find it simple and, for my case, fully functional. For a user of a JCAT network card (which has two possible connections), this isn't even necessary. Just swap the network port.