IGNORED

Who Here Runs Two or More DACs in the Same System ???

I am delighted with the DAC I now have in my main system, a Berkeley Audio Design Alpha Reference.

With the source an Aurender N10, music has never been richer, with more depth, details and warmth, in my home life.

So after going through several other worthy DACs -- including the Berkeley's little brother, the Series 2, and the excellent Luxman DA-06 -- the Reference is here to stay.

Nevertheless, I'm curious about other DACs. And since the Aurender has multiple outputs, all of which can be active at the same time, I could readily have a second DAC in my system. And then I could switch back and forth from the Berkeley Reference to that other DAC, in seconds, as mood or music or curiosity moves me.

So, who else here has two or more DACs constantly installed in the same music system?

And is your reason also for the ability to switch back and forth...depending on mood, etc.?

Or do you have other reasons for using more than one DAC?

If so, what two (three, four, five) DACs do you have installed at the same time?

BTW, the other DACs that currently interest me, get my attention, include:

• Schitt Yggdrasil
  • Bricasti M1
  • Chord Dave
  • Antelope Audio Zodiac Platinum
  • EMM Labs DAC2X

Your thoughts?

Dave, who is less interested in those people who own two or more DACs but only have one installed in their music system

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am delighted with the DAC I now have in my main system, a Berkeley Audio Design Alpha Reference.

With the source an Aurender N10, music has never been richer, with more depth, details and warmth, in my home life.

So after going through several other worthy DACs -- including the Berkeley's little brother, the Series 2, and the excellent Luxman DA-06 -- the Reference is here to stay.

Nevertheless, I'm curious about other DACs. And since the Aurender has multiple outputs, all of which can be active at the same time, I could readily have a second DAC in my system. And then I could switch back and forth from the Berkeley Reference to that other DAC, in seconds, as mood or music or curiosity moves me.

So, who else here has two or more DACs constantly installed in the same music system?

And is your reason also for the ability to switch back and forth...depending on mood, etc.?

Or do you have other reasons for using more than one DAC?

If so, what two (three, four, five) DACs do you have installed at the same time?

BTW, the other DACs that currently interest me, get my attention, include:

• Schitt Yggdrasil
  • Bricasti M1
  • Chord Dave
  • Antelope Audio Zodiac Platinum
  • EMM Labs DAC2X

Your thoughts?

Dave, who is less interested in those people who own two or more DACs but only have one installed in their music system

At that level, I'd also be considering the Totaldac, MSB, and Lampizator.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)