IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

3 hours ago, austinpop said:

Under normal operating conditions, there is usually no need to set a static IP address on sMS-200. Even if you want to connect it directly to your music server running a bridged network, the bridge still enables the sMS-200 to communicate with the DHCP server in your network (typically your router) to get a dynamic IP address. 

So if you're not experienced with networking, I strongly recommend you not mess with static IPs, since you really need to know what you're doing.

With that caveat, here's a quick primer on static IP configuration. Note: you need to be able to login to your router to inspect some settings. Make sure you have the credentials (id/pw) to do so.

Step 1: log in to your router, and look for the following. You may have to poke around, but this will usually be in tabs or sections for LAN and DHCP:

• Router's IP address:           192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 usually
  • Subnet mask:                      255.255.255.0 usually
  • DHCP address range          - usually specified by a start and end address: Note this range!
  • DNS servers:                        typically 2 IP addresses your router gets from your ISP

Now, on your sMS-200, you need to set 4 values, as shown in this screen shot:

59567f35d2d73_ScreenShot2017-06-30at11_40_22AM.thumb.png.ac73aaac77189fed982f586bba61446d.png

IP address:                    select an unused IP address. It is vital ensure you're not conflicting with another device. 

With the power of static IPs comes responsibility. You need to know all the static IP addresses in use.

This is where people get into the most trouble.

Pick an address that is - a) outside the DHCP range, and b) not already in use.

avoid "reserved" addresses like 192.168.x.0 or 192.168.x.255

Gateway address:         set to router's IP address

Subnet mask:                set to subnet mask from router

DNS server:                   set to DNS servers from router. Note: some routers provide a DNS relay feature,

where devices on the network can set the router address as the DNS server.

You can usually check if this is the case by looking at the settings of an existing device on your network. 

Or, just set this to the DNS addresses directly.

Note: some people prefer to use Google's DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Many thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to get Qobuz to play via MPD & DNLA on the Ultra ?

I have enabled UPnP/DNLA(Beta) under "Listening Preferences" in Qobuz and have chosen the Ultra under "Audio Devices"

It will not play and there is a message in red at the top of the page.

" The selected device has not been recognised by the application"

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is an enquiry which arises from curiosity rather than an inability to fix it myself. Whenever I upgrade eunhasu on my Ultra and reboot it, the next time I go into eunhasu I have lost the standard desktop and I see the attached screen. Roon still plays perfectly hence eunhasu I assume is still functioning properly, however, the only way I can restore the desktop is to switch off my SPS 500 and hence the Ultra, leave them for a couple of minutes & then it re-appears. Anyone know how to fix this please ?

387141649_IMG_20200507_2057159721.thumb.jpg.f6e1c49ece687d9c12f1f6cb95827ffe.jpg

10 hours ago, ClothEars said:

When the firmware is updated and the unit reboots it can sometimes be assigned a new TCP/IP address by your router.  I had this problem much more than friends with different routers so I suspect that is the cause.  I have fixed it by giving the SMS-200 a static TCP/IP address in the router setup.  You can do it in Eunhasu as well but I preferred to use the router settings instead.

Never had a problem since!

Thanks

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Oepsie said:

Having spent 14 days with the new update, in my system, the cpu latency tuning is not all good 🤕 I hear better sense of room and micro details on instuments, especially acoustic guitar or classic music but bas looses at bit of impact and music has less drive.. most noticible with rock musik with the black keys or the raconteurs as examples. Tried several times back and forth..

Any thoughts?

One hundred percent re. your positive comments, especially the vastly improved decay and sense of space. I noticed the improvement immediately but as regards losing drive & impact, I just don't hear it. I suppose SOtM regard it as a major iteration hence the defeat option. Prior to LT, I was forever tweaking DSP on Roon but have had that disabled since it dropped. I suppose I should get someone to test me blind with it on & off, as I am not placebo immune🤔

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2023 at 7:15 PM, creativepart said:

I've always used my SMS200 Ultra with Roon. Then about a year ago I added HQ Player and liked the result from that.

But, I was reading a review of a ridiculously priced $25,000 streamer in Stereophile and the writer said, he preferred using Squeezelite player and then he mentioned using Squeezelite with Roon. Hello? Something new to try.

It was simple to select LMS/Squeezelite in the Eunhasu and then tell Roon to enable Squeezelite. And, boom, music is playing without any muss or fuss.

This sounds pretty fantastic! I'll spend some time with it, and then go back to HQP and see what I think.

Am I just late to the party... again? Have others here been using Squeeze with their SMS200 Ultra and Roon for a while and I'm slow on the uptake.

I wonder if you could flesh out exactly what one needs to do, to try this ?

I can make LMS & Squeezelite "Active" on Eunhasu rather than the usual Roon Ready & have my DAC as Audio Device Configuration as per Roon Ready.

When I do this, I lose the ability to have the DAC as an audio zone on Roon ?

In Roon, I have enabled Squeexebox Support under Settings>Support but on Settings>Audio under the Squeezebox icon, I see a spinning circle & the message "searching for LMS devices, if you don't see your squeezebox devices here, make sure that LMS is turned off"

Thanks.