IGNORED

Audirvana 2.4 + remote app 1.5

Must have been asked before...

Do you foresee adding TIDAL to Audirvana?

Sooner rather than later :D

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Hi Damien,

In the Extended section of the tags, when you try to update the "ensemble" field for multiple songs, it does not work. That will need a fix. Hopefully can see in the next release.

Cheers,

nv

What is the file format of these tracks? All should work, except SACD ISO that is not an editable format (it is a ready to burn disk image), and CueSheets.

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Sorry, I don't think my post was clear: I remove everything from my library, re-add the exact same folders back in, allow A+ to complete scanning and then the same playlists (unchanged) will import without errors. There is nothing wrong with the playlists.

There is something going on within A+ that changes how playlists are imported, whenever an external change is made to the library (e.g. adding new files, renaming folders or externally editing meta data).

I am not talking about changing audio files and then the entries in the playlists no longer match.

This is repeatable.

Was it a smart or a manual playlist? If it's a manual playlist, can you check with a text editor if the absolute path to the not imported track is exactly the same as the one in Audirvana Plus.

And where are the audio files located? If they are on a NAS there is the possibility that OS X has changed the mount point folder name, like adding a digit at the end of the name, for some reason only Apple can fix. And this can be the cause for the file path mismatch.

Damien who has completed the development for 2.5 bringing TIDAL integration, finalizing it in the coming days for release...

Relative path is handled and should not matter.

The issue is that I can't reproduce this, either with the audio files located on internal or external drive.

What if you use a m3u8 created in Audirvana Plus using the export playlist function?

Is anyone else having this issue?

Merci beaucoup...

Now it's time for Damien to establish an A+ Sound signature of it's own (lot of experiments has done!) And a stable library management.

I'll always leave room for users to tune the resulting sound (e.g. different Integer modes, upsampling filters) as the connected system, and the tastes are not unique.

2.5 is bringing TIDAL

2.6 will focus on library management, including performance for large collections

Damien

A+ Remote doesn't work for me. Never has, won't even see my laptop

• Have you updated to A+ Remote 1.5 ?
  • When trying to connect, is your Mac running Audirvana Plus 2.2 or later on the same local network? There must be no router in between.
  • Is Audirvana Plus running in library mode (and not iTunes integrated)?
  • Check your Mac firewall settings: In the “System Preferences”, Open “Security and Privacy”, then go to “Firewall” tab, and click on “Firewall options…”. There check if the option “Automatically allow signed software to receive incoming connections” is selected. If not, you have to add Audirvana Plus to the list just above of applications allowed to have incoming connections. And “Block all incoming connections” must not be selected.
  • If you use other firewall software (or hardware), ensure it allows has open UDP port 5353 that is used by the Bonjour protocol Multicast DNS
  • Reboot your WiFi router as it may not forward anymore the Bonjour multicast requests (The Apple Remote app that controls iTunes may not be able to connect to iTunes as well until the WiFi router reboot)
  • Check that you don’t have a program preempting the remote access to your Mac such as Parallels Access

Damien

PS: From an older post, you'll be happy to get in the upcoming 2.5 the reopening at launch of the playlist you were viewing when exiting Audirvana Plus.

Hi Damien-

Any word on whether this will be fixed with the next release?

Thanks.

Hi Russel,

I'm not having this issue on 10.11.4. Do you have some more details on how you've encountered it so I could try to reproduce it?

Is anyone else having the same issue?

Damien

• 2 weeks later...
I'm eager to know too because I very much want to retire my buggy Amarra 4 Tidal program! Can't wait to see Tidal integrated into A+ with its great SQ, UI, and stability. Thanks!

It's coming!!

I've submitted earlier today A+ Remote 1.6 to Apple for AppReview. It usually takes 2 to 6 days before it comes live in the AppStore.

And I'll release Audirvana Plus 2.5 in sync.

Damien

Is there a way to get A+ to read/recognize replaygain tags?

This is on version 2.6 roadmap

Yepp, it does this here too.

Which DAC do you have? Some DACs are not muting their analog outputs when switching to/from DoP.

If it has a volume control, you may try to activate the option "mute volume during sample rate change" in the audio system page of the preferences.

Otherwise, it is a fix that should take place in the DAC firmware. You may want to ask your DAC manufacturer for such a few, as it may already be existing in a beta version of the new firmware.

Same. It looks like it is syncing (I see the blue bar) but nothing is ever added. I just manually sync once in a while.

A.

Where is the sync folder located? As per OS X limitation, there is no file monitoring (so no automatic synchronization) on a network folder.

Which change is it? Is is a file modification? If yes, with which other application has it been done? Has the file last modified date been correctly changed to a value after the previous one?

2.5 is now released!

Enjoy the TIDAL integration!

And A+ Remote 1.6 update too. Maybe give just some time for the Apple servers to replicate.

Damien

No, this won't work. I get a message telling me that "I've picked up the voucher successfully on April 18th". If I did, I somehow missed that in the process. Looks like I need another voucher. I guess this has to come from A+, not Tidal?....Damien, can you assist?

Just click on "Get It" again. You'll get the same voucher # and be redirected to the TIDAL sign up page with the 3 months free trial.

No Damien - that won't work. I get "warning" telling me that I got the voucher on April 18th. I'm going around in circles here. Sorry if my previous posts were clear.

Where do you get this warning? In the streaming page of the preferences? Then disregard the warning, and just click on the "Get it" button. And after the voucher is retrieved, click on "Go to the sign up page".

Tidal customer service has offered me 60 days additional free service if I simply register on their website.

But I'm concerned that I will lose the control through A+

Advice....anyone.....?

That's true the 3 months trial voucher is only for new registrations (= new email address).

If you have used it before with TIDAL, then you get the page asking you to enter the code.

You will not lose control through Audirvana Plus as you'll still have a TIDAL login + password to enter in Audirvana Plus.

Damien

PS: this is still the old thread "2.4". Anyone would like to start a new one saying 2.5 & TIDAL ?