IGNORED

Audirvana 2.4 + remote app 1.5

Interesting … I use a late 2012 Mac Mini with 16 GB RAM and two SSD:s and I can't even upsample to 192 kHz without playback distortions, with no other application running at the same time.

At least i'm not alone...

Late 2012 mini, 16gb ram regular hard disk, nothing else running...

All well for me when upsampling to 176/192 but when trying 352/384 Audirvana won't lock to signal fast enough resulting in hiccups, but it lock after a while... sometimes it locks at start, but never for sure, frustrating. Tried everything...

Wyred 4 Sound DAC 2 DSD SE, 10.11.4b7

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Not even swap or MB compression.

what does that mean?

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

The ability to see individual albums in artist and playlist view in the iOS app is fantastic. The only thing I would wish for is an option to sort by date instead of by title.

+1

Oh my - that was good English! Nice work.

I meant to say as I have NOT been having problems with A+, I may not have to worry so much about doing clean installs.... But it's not so often I'm upgrading since I'm not getting betas.

It only needs one update to screw your setup sometimes or screw your 3 A+ files database...

it's when the problem has occured that you see the big trouble to start again :-)

it's not like installing a clean install of an OS system, just copying an app and rename the old one first before copying. like my database, i copy the 3 files everyday when i've done some editing to a backup just in case. It was so long arranging it, that i don't take a chance :-)

Maybe it's something about settings I upgraded from 1.x, and this is an edge case that I'm tripping. I'm happy to help Damien debug this if he's interested. Glad it's working for everyone else, I'm jealous.

Maybe you can try to trash your Audirvana preferences, or put them out of the preferences folder after closing the app.

Then starting A+ again will ask you new settings and maybe remember them after ???

Home folder, library, preferences... com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist

At least i'm not alone...

Late 2012 mini, 16gb ram regular hard disk, nothing else running...

All well for me when upsampling to 176/192 but when trying 352/384 Audirvana won't lock to signal fast enough resulting in hiccups, but it lock after a while... sometimes it locks at start, but never for sure, frustrating. Tried everything...

Wyred 4 Sound DAC 2 DSD SE, 10.11.4b7

SavantGarde... i see you use also JRiver like me... do you have troubles with that soft too?

because me, i don't have any problem playing files at 352/384 with JRiver with these settings...

Snapz002.jpg

Snapz003.jpg

we have same computer, same memory...

yep, same for me :-)

i even try 10.11.4 beta to see if it is gone... no luck

10.11.4 OS X update is out: "Fixes an issue that caused USB audio devices to disconnect"

all who have problems, i wish you luck :-)

Hello,

i don't know... This is from the DAC manual:

Another bonus is the galvanically isolated I²S USB interface which guarantees zero opportunity for computer noise to interfere with the quality of the audio signal. Setup with your source via USB is simple because the new interface is driverless for Linux, Mac OSX 10.6-10.9, and supports Integer mode protocol.

Since i have absolutely no problem with JRiver at 352/384, i think it must be A+ fault. for me it is just the locking of the signal when changing rate... not happening everytimes, but you never sure. When it locks, it plays well, mostly without dropouts of sound. it must be something like you said earlier in the thread...

Since Audirvana does most of its audio processing before actually playing the track (some of it seems to be performed in realtime whilst waiting for the bufferering to complete), I would expect its playback performance to be more stable than JRiver's. Obviously something is amiss. Increasing or decreasing upsampling quality doesn't seem to affect this problem. Neither does changing the buffer size.

i have to say that i had that problem too with JRiver some times ago... i think when i put the software buffer at 1000 milliseconds and the hardware buffer at max, it stopped and plays flawllesly since.

Maybe not 10.11.4, but the new iTunes that comes with it...