IGNORED

Microsoft updates?

I'm really tired of constantly waiting for Microsoft to come out with decent OS, the last time I was satisfied with their OS was NT4.0.

Yesterday when I arrived home, my PC with Win 10 Pro (64bit) updated, and the problems started.

1. My USB connected NuForce ICON2 did't worked any more

2. Then in the evening when I wanted to start listening music on my rig, through JRiver, not possible, kernel streaming driver

for HiFace EVO not working any more.

Anybody here with similar problems with Win 10 Version 1511, OS Build 10586.164?

GWX_CP.jpg

To make a long story short, I discovered the existence of GWX Control Panel here:

How to remove Windows 10 upgrade updates in Windows 7 and 8 - Page 90 - Windows 7 Help Forums

... which led me to this site:

Ultimate Outsider: Using GWX Control Panel to Permanently Remove the 'Get Windows 10' Icon

... which the above image shows in action.

GWX Control panel works quite well. It sorted the Microsoft harassment problem I had continually experienced after my last Microsoft Update session in December.

BTW, running Windows 7 Professional X64.

First of all the non-linux os, I think Windows 7 Pro and the new Win 10 Pro are the best I have ever used. Without getting into the OS wars or which sounds better, etc. I will take Win 10 Pro in it's newest iteration over any. I like it much better than El Capitan or any other iteration of Windows save for 7 Pro which is on par.

I might have agreed with you on Win 10 if Microsoft hadn't deprecated both Aero Glass and Image Backup for Win 8.0.

Those are my favourites for Windows 7 and things I simply can't live without.