IGNORED

T+a dac 8 dsd

On 7/18/2020 at 11:45 AM, OE333 said:

Re3: For DAC8DSD with firmware 2.70 onwards there is no need of using the "SERV_MODE 97" command via serial connection. The update of the Amanero USB firmware can be initiated through some front panel button presses. The USB receiver update itself is then done via USB. How to do all this is described in the T+A service note S0143 (see link below):

https://github.com/OE333/DAC8-Service-Tool/blob/master/related_docs/S0143_DAC8DSD_Service_Mode.pdf

@OE333

I have 2.6 firmware, so I can enter Service Mode, but „ERASE USB ?“ message doesn't appear when pressing "S/P DIF 3/4" and  "OPT/BNC".  So I still need to install 2.7 firmware?

@OE333
Thanks for checking. That's strange, was doing just that. After SERVICE displayed tried pressing both buttons simultaneously for over a minute. And the buttons work OK in normal mode. Maybe I'll try making a serial cable and sending erase command (SERV_MODE 97), without updating firmware to 2.7.

I've tested a little Amanero FW+ASIO under Windows 10, not as stable as T+A stock. A few times after stopping playing DSD in HQPlayer (via player) changed to PCM mode and been unable to play DSD again -- had to restart DAC and HQPlayer a few times. This never happened with stock FW+driver. Well, I'm going to get OpticalRendu NAA anyway...