IGNORED

Who are You Going to See?

Last night I went to the Dead and Company concert at Folsum Field in Boulder. My last Dead concert was in a previous life in 1981 and I haven't bothered with any other rendition since Jerry died. I was dubious, but a friend convinced me we should go.

First off, the sound quality was quite good for a stadium show... typical Dead commitment to good sound. Video screens added a nice touch in comparison to the concerts of old.

John Mayer on lead guitar was incredibly impressive… he did not disappoint me a bit! He obviously has great respect for the Grateful Dead legacy and walked the fine line of tradition versus individual freedom quite well. He supplied many of the vocals, and frankly has a better voice than Jerry on his best day (meaning no disrespect). His guitar work was absolutely phenomenal.

Oteil Burbridge on bass did a very fine job as well (taking the place of Phil Lesh who is battling cancer). Jeff Chimenti definitely knows his way around the keyboards and has played with Bob Weir for many years. The remaining old guard of Wier, Kreutzmann, and Hart still have it after all these years.

The Dead are back and as good or better than ever! Made the legacy live on.

(Next up, Metheny at Chautauqua in Boulder in September)

Mac Mini (mid 2010) Yosemite, Audirvana Plus v 3.0 > Mapleshade ClearLink Plus USB > UpTone REGEN (Amber) w/LPS-1 > Peachtree nova150 > PSB Imagine T / REL R328 and so on...

• 8 months later...