IGNORED

Suggestions on new system

Hi Mokeboi,

I have worked a lot in Japan and I know the premium put on space.

Knowing that you are looking for a streamer/DAC, and an amplifier, and that you may change your speakers in the near future it appears to me that you are really looking at a totally new "all in one system" system.

The Auralic MINI is a streamer with Airplay and a built in DAC ($US500), which you can connect directly to pair of active or powered speakers or a power amplifier + speakers. The MINI is headless and is controlled by the Lighting DS App, which is available on either iPhone or iPad. Music can be stored on your computer, or an external hard drive connected to the MINI via USB or an internal hard dive can be installed.

I've using one for about 2 months and the App on the iPhone is now very stable and the sound is good. Have a look at the Networking Forum here at CA for threads on both the MINI and the Lighting DS app.

AURALiC.

I play the MINI into a pair of ADAM A7 active speakers, which you can find used for about US$700. They have been superseded by the 7X and are sensational in a small space, however, there are lots of active speakers available, which and are preferred over powered speakers as each driver has it's own amp. The JBL LSR 305 active speakers get very good reviews here at CA and are only US$350.

LSR305 Products | JBL Professional

This system is also future proof to some degree and the MINI can always remain a streamer in your system as it accept software updates and the iPhone app is always been upgraded. Also if you choose to a more capable DAC can be connected via any of the 3 digital outputs = USB, Coaxial, Optical. If you eventually move to larger space the active speakers can always become part of a second system such as a desk top or TV or you could simply add a sub. You will not have to burn any money!

I would strongly suggest that you do some more research into the Auralic MINI / Active Speaker combination. I think it could work very well for you.

All the best,

Ajax

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers