IGNORED

Introduction--Looking to Upgrade DAC

Hi,

I'm new to this site. I discovered it in my search for a DSD DAC to replace my Oppo 105. I have a HAL MS3 running JRiver and Aurender S-10 and want to be able to listen to my ~12 TB of hi-rez albums without worrying about conversion, drop outs, etc. I have about 300 DSD albums, so would prefer native DSD. Ideally I'd feed everything through the aurender, as I like the UI better than JRiver, and I haven't gotten JRemote to work yet.

I started looking at DACs below $2k used, but find myself looking at Meitner, PS Audio DirectStream, Bricasti M1, etc. Within my budget are Exogal Comet and Auralic Vega.

Thanks,

AC

I recently purchased a second hand Auralic Vega and can heartily recommend it. It is used as a reference by quite a few professional reviewers for a good reason. It really is a special piece of equipment.

The Vega was the first thing I thought of when I thought about a new DAC. Of course then I get to looking and am torn between not wanting to spend $3500 for a new one and wanting something better. I am deep in the rabbit hole!

Just keep an eye on second hand sales on various sites and be patient. I got mine for $2,000.00!