IGNORED

The Comparison Thread for Recovery USB Reclocker, the Regen and similar devices... (Curated Thread)

So, do you keep only the Intona in your system, or Intona+Regen (as seen in your signature) ?

Roon / audio-linux / dual PC / I2s FGPA Dac / analog tube processor / analog tube crossover / active speakers / dual subs / absorption+massive diffusion / ugly cat in the room

• 3 weeks later...

Tried the Intona alone for a week (very nice, better effects than the Regen alone, and I already was very satisfied with the Regen).

Regen added yesterday through hard adapter with the Intona :

Customized Hackintosh -> PPA usb Red -> Intona -> hard adapter -> Regen -> Curious Link usb -> Mojo Audio Dac

Results are so-so...can't say there's really a big difference (nothing really better). Maybe less sibillances on some tracks, but it looks also "softer". I'm astonished, because the 1st thing I heard after Regen's installation was more clarity/definition.

I don't know if it's the hard adapter or my system. The Regen is powered by a Mojo Audio Joule V LPSU (2nd 9v output)...I ordered a second Curious USB link to put between Intona and Regen to be sure.

We'll see...

Roon / audio-linux / dual PC / I2s FGPA Dac / analog tube processor / analog tube crossover / active speakers / dual subs / absorption+massive diffusion / ugly cat in the room

Good idea...but 5v seems to be too low for the Regen ?

9v should do the trick? I wonder how long this kind of stuff can last with the Regen :[QC 2.0 + USB Type-C] Chargeur Portable Batterie Externe 20100mAh RAVPower Turbo+ avec Technologie Qualcomm Quick Charge et Entrée & Sortie USB Type-C: Amazon.fr: High-tech

I believe I'd only need an USB to mini jack adapter...