IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - Native DSD support

vortecjr

Hi Jesus,

What I observed is that when the peak dsd rate is set to dsd512(22xxxxxx), the SDM package is set to DoP and the output is set to SDM then the HQplayer is showing 12xxxxxx (not dsd256 11xxxxxx) and the Holo Spring will show DSD512. I also understand that no machine can give DoP 512. That is why I postulate that the Holo Spring reagrds anything higher than DSD 256 as DSD 512.

What you need to do is play some DSD through the unit and post momentary frequency listed in DAC Diagnostics. Also, let me know the original files sample rate.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I am a Lampi user also. Lampi Atlantic Plus. I am using microRendu in Roon model.

DAC description: Combo384 Amanero 16d0:071a

I asked the Lampi factory, my firmware is 1096c. Lampi says they like 1096c best because no artificial sounds are detected.

They tested firmware 1099rc2. But 1099rc2 is not on Amanero website for upgrade. Only 1099rc1.

Question: would microRendu work in native DSD mode when Amanero firmware is 1099rc1 ??

Thanks!

It should...try it. Use low volume until you have it all tested:)

I just got my mR and PCM is working fine with HQP and my Lampizator Big 7. However, I can't get DSD going.

The device selected is the Combo 384 Amenaro. But under the sample format drop down I only see Auto and PCM.

Do I have to select a custom dac? There isn't much information on this.

You might want to have a look at this thread:

https://github.com/lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd/issues/12

You need the correct firmware flashed on your DAC's USB interface. You also need to go to Settings for the output mode you are using and select Native DSD as the format.

Amanero's delay on this is really frustrating (or carefully calculated to create demand for their new rumored "superclock" board) if they haven't been able to get this sorted after a year! On the GitHub thread, there are ten's of other DACs that have added native DSD support on Linux during that time. I would urge Lampi and others who use the board to pressure Amanero to sort this out fast - i'd bet they are losing potential customers to other DACs like Holospring, etc that can do DSD256, DSD512 using HQPlayer and Microrendu or other Linux based streamers.

Jurgen's native DSD driver for Linux is centered mainly on XMOS USB receivers which the Amanero does not use. Adding support for the Amanero can't be expected to go as smoothly as other devices that use XMOS.

I had reported elsewhere about an issue I have had trying to run native DSD via a microRendu to a Mutec MC3+USB. Post #1075 per the link below:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/mutec-mc-3-a-17300/index43.html

Thanks to some input from Roon's Brian Luczkiewicz, this issue is now clear, the reason it does not work is a lack of a Linux patch for native DSD being available for the Mutec MCS+USB.

OK, the issue is clear, but is this ever likely to be resolved? In fact, I am not totally clear if this is an mR issue to solve, something for Mutec to look at, or one maybe for the 'Linux community'

Post the information from App / DAC Diagnostics.

Hello,

first of all, thank you for your microRendu, its sound is great in my system!

Now I`d like to find out if Cary Audio dac 200ts is support native DSD through microRendu

That looks like native DSD. The reason it works is because they are using USB IDs that are supported by another device.

This was regarding the Linux patch issue for native DSD from mR to Mutec. Is it possible to get a very approximate idea of how long this might take. To be clear, I am not pushing for this to be prioritised and make no claim it is at all urgent. It's just I have no idea of the possible order of magnitude of difficulty here? That is are we potentially looking at days, weeks, a few months? Any ideas?

There is no set schedule for this and it just depends on everything that is going on behind the scenes.

Yes, that is perfectly understandable, I was certainly not expecting any kind of schedule update. The thing is, I have absolutely no idea if this is something that might take weeks, months, years or whatever. I simply have no feel for this kind of stuff!

It's being worked on. I'll let you know hen the update is ready.

• 3 weeks later...
Is there an update coming that will eliminate the pops when playing DSD or changing formats and sample rates?

If I use DoP, I don't get any pops. However, I can't use DoP for DSD512. I'm concerned I may damage my speakers if I forget to lower the volume when the format is going to change between songs.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Nothing to report on it yet.

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, sbilotta said:

Hi,

wondering if anybody can help; new to microRendu.

I'm playing in DLNA mode with Minimserver on my NAS, and am trying to play dsf (64 and 128) files via DOP (as the dac is Amanero USB based), but when I press the dsf file file to be played nothing happens; this happens also when I try to enable direct DSD (the dac does play native dsd in itself) so there seems to be no differentiation between DOP and Native i.e. it simply is not played or queued in the playlist.

Below is what the microRendu retrieves from the dac:

0) USB Audio Class Digital alsa audio output interface `hw:0,0'
 - device name       = Combo384 Amanero                                            
 - interface name    = USB Audio                                                   
 - usb audio class   = 2 - isochronous asynchronous                                
 - character device  = /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p                                           
 - encoding formats  = S32_LE                                                      
 - monitor file      = /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params                     
 - stream file       = /proc/asound/card0/stream0                                  

Am I missing something ?

Many thanks

Stefano

Which DLNA server are you using?

2 hours ago, sbilotta said:

I tried changing endpoint. Before (and above) I was using Kinsky while now I tried with the Lumin app on my iPhone and this time it works (via DOP). Retried with Kinsky and it doesn't work i.e. nothing happens when you select the dsf audio file to be played.

Is this simply a glitch or am I doing something wrong with Kinsky ?

Thanks !

That is an old program. I would switch to their new application called Kazoo. Also, for this you need to follow this setup:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/27851-sonicorbiter-tidalqobuz-setup-with-openhome/

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Dr Tone said:

Can anyone confirm that Native DSD256 is working with the McIntosh C47, C52 or C2600 preamps.  They all have the same DAC.

The need to have the same USB interface. Anyway, if it's not on the list above they are not supported. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What version of the Sonicorbiter are you using? When was the last time you hit update from sonicorbiter.com? What router do you have? Is the unit connected directly to the router via ethernet? What computer do you have and is it connected directly to the router via ethernet? You might want to post your HQ player configuration as well. No clue if this will help, but just curious.  

25 minutes ago, Allander said:

@vortecjr thanks for the quick reply. Both my mR and uR are 2.5 os and 1.3 board in the mR. They were routinely updated along the way including most recently before I tried to play anything through the uR and before sending the mR to a friend to see if he would have different results. 

I have a windows I7 6700k based computer - netgear fs108 switch ( connected to router by single Ethernet cable)  the computer is ethernet into the switch as is the fmc (removing fibre was the same outcome) Netgear switch-fmc-fmc- mR/uR-Singxer su1-i2s-Gustard x20 pro (tried 2 diff units) and now LKS da004. 

I've attached the Hq settings I've been using recently but have gone through most of the single stage filters with no change in function. The buffer is also maxed. 

When using the Holo drivers (windows)I noticed it had a Holo control function which also allowed for an increase in buffer time. When the Singxer is put back in the system from the USB off the computer it loses that function. 

The question I wondered on this is weather the Rendus have a built in buffer time?

could this potentially be the issue?

The friend who tried the mR had a similar set up with different Router, switch and  an Apple computer. He experienced very similar results. Worse results on the competitors units at another friends using my windows computer in his system with Gigabit fibre and a managed switch. 

Is this set up working for others with Hq Player NAA involved for dsd 512? 

Thanks again. 

IMG_0900.JPG

I only have a few comments. I don't think you should max the buffer...more is not necessarily better. Also, you might want to lower the max volume even more from -3db.