IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - Native DSD support

vortecjr

Hi,

I am a Lampi user also. Lampi Atlantic Plus. I am using microRendu in Roon model.

DAC description: Combo384 Amanero 16d0:071a

I asked the Lampi factory, my firmware is 1096c. Lampi says they like 1096c best because no artificial sounds are detected.

They tested firmware 1099rc2. But 1099rc2 is not on Amanero website for upgrade. Only 1099rc1.

Question: would microRendu work in native DSD mode when Amanero firmware is 1099rc1 ??

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
It should...try it. Use low volume until you have it all tested:)

I got advice from Lampi that I shouldn't try upgrading firmware yet. It may void the warranty. Besides they said they have tried a few firmwares from Amanero and none of them pass.... Looks like another long wait.....

• 3 months later...
On 2/3/2017 at 8:32 PM, delboy123 said:

I got advice from Lampi that I shouldn't try upgrading firmware yet. It may void the warranty. Besides they said they have tried a few firmwares from Amanero and none of them pass.... Looks like another long wait.....

Hi

Finally got advice from Lampi that 1099c firmware for my Atlantic is good to go. So I took courage, opened the box tonight and updated the flash. 

I can confirm that my Lampi Atlantic now plays dsd256 native with microrendu without any problems :)

Hurray finally! 

Instructions below. For myself I have to download the Amanero windows 10 drivers from their website. 

Good luck! 

Please use PC computer with windows

Unzip the package

Run the OEMTOOL software from the package

Connect the DAC to power and to USB cable to the Windows

You must be on-line in the internet. 
Open the DAC top to gain access to Amanero board 

Find on Amanero board the THREE  holes connectors in the middle of the upper longer edge. One of the holes is SQUARE and two are round

Using a short piece of metal wire, staple, or a tool like small tweezers or scissors - Short the square hole with the middle one next to it (while DAC is powered up) and hold the short for 3 seconds and release,

After the short the memory of firmware was erased.
Power down the DAC by removing AC cable for 10 seconds. Power up again.
Go to OEMTOOL and go to first tab and choose to flash CPLD.
choose from the list 1080 Revision CPLD

See the green line of progress to move slowly gradually and to reach 100% in about 10 seconds.

Run FLASH CPU
choose from the list 1099C Revision CPU

See the green line of progress to move slowly gradually and to reach 100% in about 10 seconds.

If the messages are positive like (firmware successfuly uploaded or something like that ) go to LAST TAB and select the tick of the box under F0-1.2.3.
Click button WRITE FLASH and wait for confirmation of success.

Inside the OEMTOOL there is a PDF of this manual.

Power down the DAC and power again - it is ready.

If green lines of progress don’t run gradually for a couple of seconds - the programming isn’t going well. Super rapid or super slow progress is a bad sign.

There is a possibility that after erasing the Amanero will not be recognized by the Windows and Windows will say : “unrecognized device detected” and there is no driver to recognize the device.
Remember - this is NOT AMANERO anymore but an anonymous USB modem. You must click on that device and find a driver - this works automatically. After that the Windows will recognize correctly the device. After we program it by OEMTOOL it will become Amanero again.

If Windows doesnt want to add drivers for Amanero, , then it  has windows protection in place, that prevents installation of non-Windows certified drivers.
You must reboot Windows, hold F8 during boot, and when a list of boot options appears you must choose last one (I think) which says Start without driver protection.
Then the drivers will install smoothly. 

If the driver is installed, it is important to see if the Windows recognizes properly the Amanero Combo 384 on the device tree. 
You must go to System - hardware - see the hardware tree, and plug the USB and see where the new USB device is recognized and what comes up. Is it with yellow warning flag with big question mark ?