IGNORED

Renaming Recovered FLAC Files In A Large Batch From Hard Disk Crash On Mac OS

I am just using File -> Change Directory and then browsing the directory where the FLAC files are located.

Under the path in the mp3tag interface, when I browse, the internal volume shows up as "/"

The external drives all show up under the subdirectory "Volumes". This particular drive shows up in a further subdirectory "Old Files Recovered"

The full path shows up as

"\\?\unix\Volumes\Old Files Recovered\3649030 (FLAC Deleted)\01\0A2C0718.FLAC"

So it is having a problem with the internal volume itself I think because the "?" is added even before the "Volumes" subdirectory. Once again, this is just my guess with my limited knowledge.

I just tried using the iTunes subdirectory on the internal volume (Macintosh HD) and even so, it is showing up as:

"\\?\unix\Music_1\iTunes\iTunesMusic\"

under the mp3tag Directory window.

So I guess mp3tag will not work even on an internal volume.

All Mac OS X drives internal and external, USB or Firewire will appear under the "Volumes" directory. I have another Firewire drive called My Book attached to the same Mac, where I copied the files to. It appears as:

\\?\unix\Volumes\My Book\

mp3tag will append any Mac OS X hard disk with "\\?\unix\" before the disk or directory name. From then, you cannot rename the files because the "?" is illegal.

That I think is the problem and cannot think of a solution.

I wonder if the problem lies in the fact that mp3tag is a windows program that you are running on OS X through an emulator such as Wine.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull