IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Sorry if it has already been asked, but I don't see anything about the shairport input...

If I'm using a Mac with Audirvana+, Airport output, connected to a M2tech usb based Dac (Mojo Audio), could it work ?

Mac+Audirvana -> microrendu -> Regen (already have) -> Mojo Audio Dac (M2tech based)

Yes.

Jesus R

I have to hold up my hands and admit to understanding very little of the technical aspects of this thread.

My my situation is that I have discovered Roon, utilising my trusty Squeezebox Touch's optical out into a Naim DAC.

I have ordered a Chord Hugo TT as I want the capacity to use USB as a connection option

Simple question then, the microrendu connected via Ethernet to my NUC running Roon server and connected via USB to the Hugo will work?

Thanks

SJB

You need to have a router between your computer running Roon and the microRendu.

Jesus R

• 2 weeks later...
Jesus-

Getting pretty excited about this device as the launch date nears.

Can you confirm that it will work with a Mytek 192 DSD DAC, as do earlier Sonic Orbiter based devices?

Thanks

The microRendu and the SonicOrbiter SE both support the Mytek 192 DSD DAC and the Manhattan DAC. There is also native DSD support for the Brooklyn DAC.

Jesus R

Can I ask a couple of 'basic' questions-

How to best stream Tidal without Roon integration through the microRendu?

How to stream MQA file format when they eventually become available on Tidal?

Roon / Tidal will work with the microRendu's RoonReady output mode. Nothing special is needed to support MQA and the microRendu is already capable of passing the stream to your MQA enabled device.

Jesus R

Hi,

In MPD mode, is the library stored locally on a USB drive or can it be a network share?

Thanks.

The DLNA/MPD output mode uses DLNA to get remote streams to MPD for playback. It's very good at doing this and most people use it that way.

Jesus R

I think I may have misunderstood your reply. In the Sonicorbiter SE, there are two modes: MPD as a UPNP client, and regular MPD, with access to a local library (USB disk) and use with MPD playback software (MPDroid, etc...). Is the pure "MPD" mode available on the micro Rendu ?

Thanks,

I have not decided yet to include the Drive Mounter option on the microRendu.

Jesus R

What about using JRiver with Tidal to stream through the microRendu?

Use the JRiver WDM driver in Tidal, which routes into JRiver, and then DLNA to the microRendu? No Roon needed. Might this work?

I'm not sure if JRiver supports this function. We would have to get clarification from them.

Jesus R

John, Jesus, I have a fellow-up question regarding the use of the microRendu with HQP NAA with an exaSound DAC.

Now I know that Jesus mentioned earlier that at this time there is no support for the exaSound ASIO Driver but I was wondering if the following configuration could work.

My plan is to use my Mac Mini as the workhorse (it would run Roon/HQP integrated). Music files are externally connected to the Mac Min by Thunderbolt. All files would be up-sampled to quad DSD using HQP.

I would connect the Mac Mini to the microRendu by Ethernet and use the HQP NAA in the microRendu. Then connect the microRendu to the exaSound by the USB.

I know others are doing the above configuration using another PC in place of the microRendu.

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.

That will not work.

Jesus R

So Jesus, I take it that the reason it will not work is the "none compatibility" issue of the exaSound ASIO Driver still?

Or are there other issues that I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

They need to provide drivers to the open source community or there will be no support. The only option that could work is a USB to SPDIF converter.

Jesus R

Just to be sure. I use BubbleDS Next as a control point on my Android device with Tidal. This will work on the microRendu with Bubble UPNP Server installed on the microRendu right?

It should work and no need to add BubbleUPNP Server. However, I like to use BubbleUPNP Server to enable OpenHome on my renderers.

Jesus R

Yes, I see your point but that was not my intent. I did not mean that the Ethernet connection be direct from Mac Mini to the microRendu. I planed on using a Router between between the Mac Mini and the microRendu.

So Jesus, IF I use the Router is it then doable?

Still no.

Jesus R

It's still weird that some manufacturers don't support Linux yet, especially since most major products use Linux...

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile mobile app

This is different....they actually support it on their Linux device.

Jesus R

Eloise, your comments are in fact very disrespectful and intentionally so. We have put countless hours, late nights, long weekends, and a fair about of money into producing the microRendu and I'm very proud of what we have accomplished. I'm actually embarrassed for my team that you so quickly discount what we are doing.

Jesus R

Yes, but none of this exists without the work of the originators of MPD, etc. Who should be properly acknowledged.

You are very good at insinuation, deception and misdirection. Let's explore the topic of MPD as it pertains to Sonicorbiter.

From this link on my website form the Sonicorbiter SE product page what is the name of output mode #3? It's MPD/DLNA.

From the same link on my website form the Sonicorbiter SE product page what is the name of output mode #3b? It's MPD.

From the same link under output mode #5 there is an image. What do you see? You see the DLNA/MPD icon.

SONORE Sonicorbiter SE

From this link on my website form the Sonicorbiter SE manual the word MPD is mentioned no less that 3 times in text and 3 times in images showing the MDP/DLNA icon.

SONORE Sonicorbiter SE Manual

From this link on my website form the Sonicorbiter SE manual the word MPD is mentioned 1 time as an image.

http://docs.sonore.us/sonicorbiter/Sonicorbiter%20MPD%20DLNA.png

From this link right here on CA the what is the topic of the post started by yours truly? It's Sonore Sonicorbiter SE - DLNA/MPD output mode.

From the same link right here on CA the word MPD is mentioned no less that 7 times in text and 1 time in an image.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonore-sonicorbiter-se-digital-living-network-alliance-mpd-output-mode-27265/#post502316

Here is a great one for you. This is taken right out of the unit's GUI from the Installed Apps page. We even show the customer what version of MPD is installed on the unit.

Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 8.14.18 PM.png

Sorry Eloise, but no one is falling for your insinuations, deceptions and misdirections.

Jesus R

Yet Jesus you avoid mentioning in all your bluster that MPD is open source and licensed under GPLv2 and therefore you are required to disclose/link to the source of the software (amongst other requirements).

Google is your friend. If you continue to harass me I will delete your posts in full without warning and or explanation.

Jesus R

True! I am one of those people with the not very expensive system...

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile mobile app

I would suggest that a good source will improve any system. However, I understand that buying any gear a person decision.

Jesus R

It's not the same kind of device IMO. It is best used in a server-to-NAA configuration with HQ Player (at least, that's my perception of it).

NAA is a great output mode, but I have no reservations about recommending the other output modes.

Jesus R