IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Actually, #5 doesn't work at all for Bifrost Multibit. The result is a complete failure to play anything in MPD/DLNA. The default setting works. Tested with both BubbleUPnP and Synology Audio Station UPnP control points. Note that the Schiit multibit DACs (Yggdrasil, Gungnir Multibit, and Bifrost Multibit) have a different USB stage than the original Gungnir and Bifrost delta-sigma DACs.

Okay. Just the same can you post the information on the DAC Diagnostics GUI page?

Thanks, Jesus, I had forgotten about that. What do you mean by "resampling of some content"? All I listened to when checking the progress of burn-in -- and noticed getting better -- were FLAC 44.1/16 CD rips. Restarting with your instructions now.

It only affects 176.4kHz content. The standard hardware port on some of their devices do not support 176.4kHz so it gets resampled by microRendu to 88.2kHz. Reassigning the DAC to the alternate hardware port fixes this.

Jesus, first of all, I am loving my microrendu. I haven't listened to so much music in a long time. I also lost contact with my Yggy when I switched the Roon app to the custom dac rather than USB. I rebooted the microrendu but then Roon couldn't see it. Congratulations on producing such a great product and thank you for offering such incredible support. I hope you sell a gizzilion of these.

Go into Settings, then RoonReady and select USB Output for the Audio Device.

I've got a really weird problem. Since installing BubbleUPnP Server on the micro rendu and using OpenHome protocols, my playlist always repeats regardless of whether I have Repeat Playlist turned on or off on my Android BubbleUPnP control point. I'd appreciate any troubleshooting tips you can provide.

Probably a controller (new or old) on the network that has that setting active.

Jesus, if my Gungnir Multibit plays 176.4kHz content without downsampling it while mR is set to default hardware setting, is there any reason for me to use the Custom DAC hardware setting?

Also, let me say briefly that I am thrilled with both the sound quality and functionality of the microRendu. in DLNA mode with Lumin as control point, it's been rock solid in every respect. I will hold back on specific listening commentary for now as I am still not in possession of my LPS, and will provide an update after breaking it in.

They appear to have updated the USB interface on some devices. Look in DAC diagnostics and confirm that 176400 is on the list next to rates as follows:

Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000

Non-MQA version of DXD (384KHz/32Bit) files from 2L without problems. My Brooklyn runs firmware v2.07.

DSD128 playback was fine with v2.05 before. I just upgraded it to v2.07 the night before yesterday.

I just updated and tested with firmware version 2.07 and it's working fine. This firmware is nothing more than cosmetic changes for the display. Again tested native DSD via JRiver and no issues here. This link contains some information on the proper setup with JRiver and it might worth having a look.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-digital-living-network-alliance-mpd-output-mode-27265/

I'm so happy with the microRendu on my headphone system (see Sonore microRendu Listening Impressions #20 and #22) that I'm looking to get one for my living room speaker system. But I have a bit of a problem. Currently, my living room system has a Bel Canto C7R integrated DAC/amplifier. Its USB input is limited to USB 1.1, 96kHz sampling rate. So, I feed it with a Sonicorbiter SE going into a Bel Canto mLink USB>coax converter connected to the C7R with a Nordost Blue Haven cable; the C7Rs S/PDIF coax input takes 192/24, which is perfect for my use cases. I could just straight replace the SOSE by a microRendu, but I'm wondering if the extra USB>coax conversion would get in the way of the microRendu's finely tuned USB output. Suggestions (besides replacing my integrated amp, which I may eventually do but not now, as I'm waiting until some gear announcements later this year)?

It's really hard to say and it depends on how the USB input compares to the SPDIF input. Also, the quality of the converter and cables come into play as well. I don't think it's going to sound bad though.

Curious about Squeezelite version used by microRendu. Also curious about settings and options for "track transition delays". Those time values (if any) will handle DSD to PCM transitions or PCM sample rate changes only?

You can set the Rate Switching Delay via the GUI in Settings. Most people should just leave this alone though.

It is working now. Under the DLNA server, both "Bitstream DSD (DoPE)" and "DLNA" were checked under Video->Advanced. Who would have thought Video->Advanced settings affect Audio playback. Now I learned.

Thanks,

Nice work. Let me know if you get stuck again.

Fact is, my DAC (Matrix X-Sabre) is very picky about such transitions. Daphile, which uses Squeezelite (v1.8+), is able to fulfill all my DAC needs. Please find the attached details for my actual configs.

Seriously thinking about a future Sonore upgrade, but, for the moment, only trying to find out if microRendu firmware offers the same level of customization.

[ATTACH]26406[/ATTACH]

Look for the SqueezeLite link part way down in the manual here:

SONORE microRendu Manual

Hello,

Sorry to ask, but there's too many pages to read : did anyone tried to compare Airport mode with others (DLNA, Roon,...), using 16/44 files only ?

If yes, did you hear a difference in SQ with the other modes ?

The best sound quality is from the other output modes. Using Roon to stream via the Shairport output mode does not circumvent the limitations of the output mode. Roon should be used with the RoonReady output mode.

What power supply do you use for the Brooklyn? If not the internal (switching) power supply, have you noticed significant sound improvement? Thanks

I'm using the second output on the Uptone Audio JS-2 PS. I think it sounds very nice. FYI My USB Buffalo DAC needs an external volume control and I want to include it in our PS as a custom build, but we just don't have time to build it now.

Jesus,

A quick question.

I'll do a refresh on my system in some months and will most likely put a microRendu in. Are you considering on making a black version available or will it just be the silver one? Asking just because all my other components are black.

Not at this time.

I can get Qobuz streaming on my micro rendu with BubbleUPnP on my Galaxy S6 and BubbleUPnP Server installed on the micro rendu to use OpenHome protocols.

So now I'd like to use my iPad instead of my Galaxy S6. I tried Linn Kazoo, and I get a tile for TIDAL but nothing for Qobuz. I'm sure I'm using the OpenHome device. Exactly the same problem with Lumin. The renderer setup has a setting for TIDAL but no setting for Qobuz. I couldn't get an answer from [email protected].

Has anyone else tried this?

My Android table is broken so I can't check it there. However, it comes up for me in Kazoo.

Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 7.13.34 AM.png

Qobuz will be disabled by BubbleUPnP Server on startup (eg no 'Qobuz quality' settings disapled) if it cannot communicate with bubblesoftapps.com via https, for whatever reasons.

The most common reason is that on your NAS, Java is provided by OpenJDK instead of an Oracle JRE.

OpenJDK has notorious issues with crypto (TLS), hence with https not working, and no Qobuz. The fix is to install the Oracle JRE for your platform.

Thank you for the information.

Thanks - another question about the Brooklyn. If you use the hard USB adaptor for connecting the mRendu with the Brooklyn, is any of the other inputs in the back of the Brooklyn blocked? Thanks

I have an older image of it here:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/post-images-microrendu-your-system-here-28448/

We provide the service on the microRendu because that seems like a clean solution. I have no objection to customers running the service on a NAS or computer as long as people understand that it's needed somewhere on the network for certain features to work. Qobuz works here without issue so it went unnoticed. Anyway, we will research things on our end to see what can be improved.

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 5.10.16 PM.png

For the less intelligent computer audiophiles such as myself, how do you get hqplayer and Roon to recognize each other and then be used with the microRendu?

I have the trial version of hqplayer but just trying to figure how it all is supposed to work together...

Roon is configured to stream to HQ Player via a network output. You need to know the IP address of the unit running HQ Player. The microRendu needs to be configured for NAA output mode. HQ Player needs to be configured to stream to NAA.

I wrote about this in the ps audio forum sometime back but Roon/HQP up-sampling is the best combo that I have found so far with uRendu. In my setup, the SQ is as follows

1) minimserver/Kazoo/uR MPD/DLNA < 2) Roon/uR Roon Ready < 3) Roon/HQP/uR NAA < 4) Roon/HQP (up-sampling)/uR NAA.

I wouldn't claim the difference between 2) and 3) to be massive but I don't have golden ears either ;)

I couldn't care less what it takes to get the best possible SQ with a combination of hardware and software.

I'm confused....which one do you like the best?

You've (finally) brought up something that's been on my mind also, though we're approaching/considering it a bit differently.

I've been running a Sonic Transporter>mRendu in Roon mode against my "old" Auralic Aries>Regen setup into a Lampizator L4G5 DAC for over 3 weeks now. mRendu & Regen as well as Sonic Transporter & Aries are powered by lab grade regulated linear PSUs. Storage is via USB HD (also LPSU power) plugged directly into ST and Aries. USB cable is same Supra in both setups.

I'm trying, as much is possible, to do an apples/apples comparison. Where I am now is wanting to determine how much of a difference/improvement modes of implementation make when using the mRendu. I purchased it with the full intention of running it in Roon mode with the ST running Roon core. While this sounds VERY good, and the Roon interface is positively addicting I find there's something about the Aries>Regen presentation musically that's hard to give up.

So, now I really need to hear how the new setup sounds in in modes other than Roon - something I never intended to be doing. Honestly I've no intention, at this time, to try a HQP>Roon>mRendu setup. Simple matters a lot to me and I do not want to go back to putting a regular computer in my system to accomplish this or "messing" with SW - been there, done it.

I'm wondering if someone(s) out there have done something similar to what I'm describing.

It seems to me that the best way to compare things is to put the HDD on the sonicTransporter and configure it as a DLNA server. This way you can compare the units as renderers. I would compare the unit's first without accessories and then with accessories. For the test I would keep the microRendu powered up at all times.