IGNORED

Just cleared 10,000 tracks!

watercourse

For many years, I had an NAS-based collection paired with iTunes or Squeezebox, but neither was close to being sonically satisfying. But it wasn't until after losing my music library due to iTunes' "management" twice, that I decided to take a more active role in music archiving.

After trying out Pure Music and Audirvana+, I decided to stick with A+, and have never had computer-based music sound so good. With A+ up to version 2.3.3 and accompanying Remote, the Uptone Regen, and iZotope tweaking, I have gotten much, much more pleasure from this medium. So much so that metadata tagging is actually less of a painful chore, because at the end of all of the tagging efforts is a well-organized library with the all-important artwork. I also appreciate the decreased waste of not needing to burn back-up copies of CDs I rip anymore, now that there is a real motivation to keep up good backup practices.

So now, I've rebuilt my entire library and then some. I'm actually at 10,500+ tracks, now that my wife has been actively helping the archiving effort (it's still on me to do the ripping and tagging though). She's even started using the A+ Remote. Not sure why this seems to be a milestone, but it really does feel like a significant moment has been passed!

Hope everyone else enjoys their systems as much as we are. Vinyl is still king in our house, but computer audio is catching up quickly.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

"I also appreciate the decreased waste of not needing to burn back-up copies of CDs I rip anymore, now that there is a real motivation to keep up good backup practices."

Just curious. Why the need to backup CD's you rip if you already own them?

We've been told that CDs have a finite lifespan.

I'm old enough to remember when storage was expensive and plastic media became cheap. And when spinning drives were slow and often had failed sectors.

I've sold off a lot of CDs over time.

I'm a member of the overredundancy club.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold