IGNORED

Paul Pang musicserver/pc my experiences

You are patient man. So after over a year you are still dealing with this? At this point, I would get my money back and look for other options.

This post worries me a bit since I was planning on getting the PP USB V4 card soon.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

• 1 month later...

I am definitely interested in knowing as well since I am about to buy a v4 usb card.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

What worries me is after sales support. Even if Paul Pang does eventually address the issues of the people on this thread what's his motivation to help if something goes wrong down the road. If he isn't motivated to reply to people who just paid what is his incentive for someone who is already a customer who needs support later? I know I can always buy from Phil at AO but he is just as much at risk of being hung out to dry as the rest of us. As much as I want to buy the v4 usb I think I am better off looking elsewhere.

Other components:

• 2 months later...
I am basically using PP OCXO for audio PC with 2012 R2 in core mode.

for control PC, as a matter of experiment, I used Intel NUC 5ppyh with LPS on 2012 R2 in GUI mode.

for best sound quality, I hook blujeans cat 6a to audio PC and configure a fix IP.

my problem is the NUC Wireless does not have a 2012 driver and I am forced to use a mouse to control foobar2k. I wonder how can I get around this ? (although a h170 mobo with dual ethernet port would save the day, I am refrain to minimize spending on control PC).

is it possible to use a USB-gigabit ether such as USB3GIG linksys to work as second ethernet in 2012R2 gui mode ?

Have you tried installing the driver for Win 10? That should work. I've used a usb3 to gigabit adapter as well with my Server machine. Both worked fine.

Other components: