IGNORED

Cary Audio DMS-500

They have this comment on their website. 

*For DSD512 playback, Cary Audio uses proprietary DSP techniques that are not compatible with Roon’s clock management and buffering approach at this time. This means DSD playback is limited up to DSD256 when using the DMS-500 and AiOS products inside of the Roon ecosystem. – The Cary Audio Team

Is 512  now working with Roon or do have use their software to play 512?

Roon software, Lenovo TS 440 server, IPad Air 2 for remote control and Dell 2340T display, Dell Latitude 7140 tablet (Windows 8.1, 256 SSD and 8 GB RAM) with Dell docking station, Aqua Hifi LaScala mk ii DAC, Allnic L 5000 DHT preamp, Shaker Logic Attune with two outputs for the amplifiers, Vitus SS-101 mk ii amp, Bosendorfer VC-7 speakers and Focal Sub Utopia Be subwoofer.

20 minutes ago, ahwelch said:

@slingshotI saw that same comment on the Cary website so I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that DSD512 files upsampled by Roon could be played by the DMS-500. Make sure that Roon dsp "parallelize sigma delta modulator" is enabled so multiple cores are used, otherwise Roon chokes on anything above DSD64, at least on my Mac mini. 

Cary makes very good products in general, although they had prblems with their processors. I am planning on buying the new Vega G2 in December. Trading a record collection for a subtantial price reduction.

Roon software, Lenovo TS 440 server, IPad Air 2 for remote control and Dell 2340T display, Dell Latitude 7140 tablet (Windows 8.1, 256 SSD and 8 GB RAM) with Dell docking station, Aqua Hifi LaScala mk ii DAC, Allnic L 5000 DHT preamp, Shaker Logic Attune with two outputs for the amplifiers, Vitus SS-101 mk ii amp, Bosendorfer VC-7 speakers and Focal Sub Utopia Be subwoofer.