IGNORED

Suggestions for Pre-Amp, USB input ?

Hi, I'm looking for something I can use for USB (phone), TV input, FM Tuner and blue tooth to plug into an integrated amp. I think I'm looking for Pre Amp but could be wrong.

I'm also wondering about an inexpensive DAC to plug a phone into an integrated amp with RCA input . Would this (Signstek HIFI USB to Coaxial S/PDIF Converter Decoder Convert Digital to Analogue Signal Mini USB) work ? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FEDHHKE?keywords=muse%20usb%20dac&qid=1452139704&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

I have an Exposure XX integrated amp from way back so it only has RCA input.

Thank You

Welcome to CA!

I believe what you are looking for is broadly under the category of what is called "Network Player/Streamer". One of the better options out there in terms of a solution is something like the Auralic Aries Mini which comes bundled with a fairly decent DAC and provides for analog outs that will feed your integrated.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your search!

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Thanks for the replies.

The Auralic and most Network Streamers look a bit more than I want to spend on this.

I don't need wifi, bluetooth would be nice but I'm OK with cables. I guess I just want to be able to plug everything in to a hub that goes into the integrated amp. Anything like that for less that $100 ?

And then separate question if I just want to go from phone to integrated amp through DAC. Do the HiFimeDIY, Muse USB DAC and such work for phones ? Seems most USB DACs are for plugging a sound card into.

The Schiit Audio Modi2 comes in that price range for USB audio (PCM 24bit/192KHz).

Schiit Audio, Headphone amps and DACs made in USA.

You can try looking up Ebay for more options from the East but you would need to up your budget. Prices are ~$150 for an assembled DAC kit.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110