IGNORED

Wyred 4 Sound's Recovery USB Reclocker Findings For Audio Performance. (Curated Thread)

okay, I received my RUR yesterday.

I was already getting excellent sound before I attached it.

It was easy to attach and worked right away.

I did find that the included SMPS was undesirable.

luckily, I had a small wall wart linear power supply available to provide 9V 0.5 A.

So far, I like it, and I think that it provides more detail, and maybe also a more relaxed sound.

Eric

To continue my initial impressions of the RUR:

Maybe relaxed was the wrong word. I would say at this point that the musical images seem a little more palpable, and that I'm able to hear into the harmonics in greater detail and duration (for example on piano).

I'm surprised that your .5 A SMPS was sufficient to power the Recovery and operate as designed since the included SMPS is 1.3A. What didn't you like about the included SMPS?

My Vega DAC does not use any +5 V power from the USB cable, and so I was able to get away with a low-cost 0.5 amp 9V Linear power supply that I had left over from another project.

For general use, you probably want 1 amp or more of high quality power, especially if your DAC needs power from the USB cable.

I did try the included SMPS first, but it led to a reduction in sound quality, a small amount of roughness added to the music.

In any case, generally, we all like to use linear power supplies whenever possible to minimize noise and interference.

So my chain is N100H->RUR->Vega

Eric